PDA

View Full Version : Strapless Hiking Pole?

flyfisher
08-06-2004, 13:28
I talked for a few minutes on top of the Priest with a thru hiker this June about his unusual hiking poles.

They had no straps, and had the hand hold at a radical angle (maybe 45 degrees) set up so it could easily be used to push on the top.

I believe I remember that the poles had a website address printed in large letters on the pole body and that they were made in Brittan.

I have not been able to find any reference to the hiker's name in my notes or been able to find anything like those poles with google searches.

If you know what poles I may be writing about, please let me know.

Risk

MOWGLI
08-06-2004, 14:03
I talked for a few minutes on top of the Priest with a thru hiker this June about his unusual hiking poles.

They had no straps, and had the hand hold at a radical angle (maybe 45 degrees) set up so it could easily be used to push on the top.

I believe I remember that the poles had a website address printed in large letters on the pole body and that they were made in Brittan.

I have not been able to find any reference to the hiker's name in my notes or been able to find anything like those poles with google searches.

If you know what poles I may be writing about, please let me know.

Risk

I have seen people on the trail at Bear Mountain with a "Strapless Evening Gown", but not with strapless hiking poles. Well, come to think of it, a mouse ate through the strap on one of my poles. It happened at Sarvers Cabin in VA, so I had to hike about 1500 miles with only 1 strap for 2 poles. Twas a pain in the posterior.

tarbubble
08-06-2004, 17:59
these might be what you're asking about:

http://www.ula-equipment.com/pacer_poles.htm

flyfisher
08-07-2004, 22:15
That was it! Thanks very much!