PDA

View Full Version : Weather and Water Report for the South

Chaco Taco
10-05-2009, 09:57
After a night in a 3 inch puddle, this is my report

http://familyguyvids.net/images/n12804981_30798687_2282.jpg

Summit
10-05-2009, 10:43
Yeah, GA & NC have sure had plenty of it this summer. Christus Cowboy, me and a couple of other guys are going for a week the last week of this month. If it were to not rain another drop between now and then, water would be fine! :)

Chaco Taco
10-05-2009, 13:47
Its funny, we hiked all day yesterday and it was overcast but really cool up on the Narrows, view for miles. We set up camp at Flower Gap, and as soon as we climbed into the tent, rain started. The rest of the night was a massive downpour. Next the campsite flooded and we were under a couple of inches of water. I woke up to see the floor of the tent rippling like a waterbed. We packed up at 3:30 am and walked Ivestor Gap trail to 816 trailhead. We went into the privy, lit the stove and wrapped up in a sleeping bag til first light. Couldnt get a signal on the cell. Finally got out. As we were walking we could see down into Graveyard Fields and the falls were RAGING!! It was really nice. The point is that there was between 3 inches and a foot of water the whole way down on the trail.

flemdawg1
10-05-2009, 18:25
Friday thru Sunday morning was great doing Devil Fork Gap to Erwin. Only bummer was that Big Bald/Big Stamp were completely fogged in. Saturday especially was georgeous.

energy_turtle
10-05-2009, 19:11
Thanks, Ollie!

GA has water to spare...nearly every source that's normally questionable this time of year is flowing strong.