PDA

View Full Version : Unicoi GA to Deep Gap NC

58starter
10-09-2009, 09:38
Well today is the day. My wife and I leave for NC. We will pick up my son in law at the Atlanta airport on the way to NC. There will be a group of us leaving Unicoi sometimes Sunday morning and hiking to Deep Gap.

It is the first time for 4 members of this family group.
My wife's first overnight trip on the trail. If you see us coming please do not be afraid of us we are harmless.

I hope my wife likes this short 4day 3 night trip so she will want to hike more of the trail with me.

Happy Hiking to all this weekend and next week.

JaxHiker
10-09-2009, 10:04
Should be a good time. Hiked from Hogpen to Dicks Creek over Labor Day. Should be pretty up there now. Have fun!

chelko
10-09-2009, 10:08
I took my wife on her first multiday trip a few summers back. We went from Springer to Woody Gap. She had a great time and has been out with me and our kids several times since. Hope you have a great time and the weather is good.

Trailweaver
10-09-2009, 11:18
I was supposed to get to do that very section this weekend, but have had to cancel. Please do a trip report when you return! I'd like to know what the conditions and section was like this time of year. Thanks.

Ghosthiker
10-09-2009, 16:41
I was in that area this past weekend. The view from Tray Mountain confirmed thatteh leaves are just starting to change. Still a lot of green. Enjoy the hike.

58starter
10-15-2009, 09:32
This is just an update. It is wet out there. We only completed Unicoi to Deep Creek Shelter and to the Gap. It rained for 2 1/2 days or our 3 day trip and more was planned after we left the trail. I plan to start again in the spring. We did have a great time. Met Indiana Mike as he was hiking to NOC> good luck out there and stay dry.