PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Around the Smokies - Fontana - Hot Springs

Pony Express
10-09-2009, 12:34
I was wondering if anyone had information or experiences about getting a shuttle from Fontana to Hot Springs. I have done this section and I won't have time to do it again. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also, the section from DWG to Cornwell Bridge, CT. I would need to skip also and shuttle around.
Thanks,
Pony Express

jorhawle
10-11-2009, 21:03
[email protected] and his name is Bill. Very professional and the least expensive around. I have utilized him twice for shuttle servies around the Smokies and I know he goes to Hot Springs as well!

Pony Express
10-22-2009, 11:35
Thank you so much for the information!

Lyle
10-22-2009, 11:39
[email protected] and his name is Bill. Very professional and the least expensive around. I have utilized him twice for shuttle servies around the Smokies and I know he goes to Hot Springs as well!

I've also used this service a couple of years ago for a Fontana to Amicalola shuttle. Excellent, spot on-time service. Very nice guy. Highly Recommended.

pafarmboy
10-22-2009, 20:19

Another vote for Bill. Book ém Danno!

Erin
10-22-2009, 21:40
We used the one out of Hot Springs-Bluff Mountain Outfitters to shuttle us from Hot Springs to our start at Devil's Fork Gap. I called weeks ahead to set it up and and the day before stopped by to make sure we were on the pick up.
"Yeah, I guess, man." I remembered thinking, "is everyone in this town perpetually stoned?" Yeah, pretty much. At shuttle time, no shuttle. It was the Sunday after trail days. Probably a bad move to plan a shuttle, but we loved Hot Springs, trail days, Elmer's etc. We called. Got some hung over guy on the third try who called a friend, so the shuttle was really late. Over an hour and a half and we were not happy since we were new and had a long day planned and we were ready and ended up sitting around on our gear in Elmer's driveway for a long time. The shuttle finally showed. The rate was super cheap, 50 bucks split seven ways and the guy could not have been nicer. It was nine am and he was offering us beer. And we didn't. One because we had two in Elmer's driveway( we had started the slide) and by then we were hydrating in panic since drinking beer at nine am is not our norm before a long day's backpack. Understand, we are a bunch of middle aged midwesterners. We got over being hacked because the fellow was fun,knew the trial, the history of ramps and we laughed and had a good time and realized we were on Hot Springs time, trail time and to quit worrying about real time. I am the punctual nut in our group and I had to give it up. It was worth it. We tipped him well. Made it into Jerry Cabin for dinner. A funny memoy of our trip..yes, I would recommend them.

Marta
10-23-2009, 07:04
We used the one out of Hot Springs-Bluff Mountain Outfitters to shuttle us from Hot Springs to our start at Devil's Fork Gap. I called weeks ahead to set it up and and the day before stopped by to make sure we were on the pick up...

I have to say I'm surprised. I've arranged shuttles from Bluff Mtn. Outfitters a number of times over the past five years and have never had a problem. I'm glad things worked out for you in the end.