PDA

View Full Version : pen mar HF shuttle

Scrapes
10-09-2009, 17:14
Anyone have suggestions or someone they used? I called the outfitter from the AT site they are absolutely out of their mind on what they charge! They gave the cdl licensing as a reason??? The cab companies aren't committing, hate to get there and get hung out.

g8trh8tr
10-09-2009, 18:58
I got a shuttle from the owner of Harper's Ferry Outfitters. She was very nice and extremely reasonable. I can't remember her name but I want to say Laura. I would highly recommend them.

saimyoji
10-09-2009, 19:15
how many miles is that? what are you willing to pay per mile?

wrongway_08
10-09-2009, 20:33
What section and when? You looking to get dropped off at HP or at Penn section? Pick up from? and dropped off at?

Scrapes
10-09-2009, 23:17
A shuttle from Harpers Ferry to Pen Mar, this Monday, 11ish.

Thanks for the HF Outfitter I'll give 'em a call.

JLONGO
10-10-2009, 07:50
please post if find out anything on prices me and some cousins plan on doing same exact hike PenMar to Harpers Ferry in Nov and gonna need shuttle from Harpers Ferry .

Namaste
10-10-2009, 08:31
I used Bill and Amy Reinke. They are listed on the ATC list as a shuttle service. It was Bill who actually shuttled us down to HP after I parked my car in Pen Mar. The one way was $90.00 in July. I would use them again.

saimyoji
10-10-2009, 14:39
scrapes: i responded to your PM. i just saw you need the ride on Monday, i wouldn't be able to help, work and all. i'm actually a few hundred miles away from HP. :o

Scrapes
10-11-2009, 17:46
I used Bill and Amy Reinke. They are listed on the ATC list as a shuttle service. It was Bill who actually shuttled us down to HP after I parked my car in Pen Mar. The one way was $90.00 in July. I would use them again.

Amy Reinke is shuttling us. Rate hasn't changed and considering the late notice, they are offering a great service.

saimyoji
10-11-2009, 18:25
glad to hear it. :p

Scrapes
10-15-2009, 20:13

We used this shuttle service, I called on Sunday night and spoke with both Bill and Amy. With such a short notice Amy agreed to shuttle us, $90. I apologized for the short notice, the taxi service gave me conflicting info so thanks to Namaste on White Blaze I called the "Rose Sniffers". Amy was great and timely. I'd use their service again in a heart beat. If you do use them, brush up on Law and Order, the original.

A further note, they do a lot of trail angel work in the summer as well, true friends of the hiker community so keep them in mind.