PDA

View Full Version : Jetboil Dual Cook System,,,,

DAJA
10-12-2009, 20:39
When my GF joins me on trips, we have gotten in the habit of leaving our bowls home and using the lid and flex ring protector as bowls/plate. Anyone else do this?

Today while having a hot lunch on a short overnighter we considered that the rubber used on the lid and flex protector may not be food grade. Is this something we should be concerned with? Paticularly with hot food?

We also pack the stove, canister, pot support, feet, utensils, dish cloth, and salt and pepper in the pot... A complete self contained dinner set...

On the rare solo trips I take I use the solo mug, but really do prefer the larger pot.. Overall very pleased with the performance and efficency.

jrwiesz
10-13-2009, 03:24
... Anyone else do this?

...may not be food grade. Is this something we should be concerned with? Paticularly with hot food?

Yes. I use my Jetboil flux ring protector to measure fluids, eat out of, and to drink my tea at times.

No. According to Jetboil packaging, they suggest using the lids for this type of purpose.

Is it safe??? LIFE is dangerous to your health.:eek:

It's all relative.:sun

mudhead
10-13-2009, 04:47
You use newsprint/printed materials in your compost. If the plastic concerns you, look at this also.