PDA

View Full Version : Recycle!

GeneralLee10
10-14-2009, 09:26
Now this is a cool idea I think at least. What are your thoughts?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87737.0

Lyle
10-14-2009, 10:08
Looks interesting, wonder how durable.

Trailweaver
10-14-2009, 10:57
Better yet. . . take your own bags to the grocery store (and everywhere else) and don't use plastic at all.

I keep my canvas bags in the trunk of my car. I go to the grocery store (or wherever), use the bags, and unload them at the house. They go right back (hang them on the doorknob to remind you to take them out) to the trunk of the car, and they're always there when you need them. I very, very rarely have to take a bag from a store. If I'm only getting a few things, or something that's already "packaged" I just carry it out with the receipt and no bag. Once you start this habit, it's actually easier to work with than always having plastic around. ; - )

GeneralLee10
10-14-2009, 12:06
And you must have just started this carry your own bag I take it. And most Americans do get/use the bags. So one person has came up with an idea to use them not toss them. Cool Idea right?:sun Do you recycle at all? The plastic bottles you get water in? Oh! wait you don't use plastic how about your car there must be what... plastic all over it. The food you buy comes in plastic wrappers.:D Now don't tell me that you carry your own metal container to the store for the food that comes in plastic wrap. No matter what you do you will always be using plastic in your life nowadays. Be Safe eat more plastic:eek:;)

jeremyduncan
01-24-2010, 05:21
how much do they weigh?

comfortable? they look like they would be...not comfortable. haha.

think they would work good without the ankle straps? I am betting NOT, since the bottoms aren't stiff.

Thats a pretty cool idea. Wish I had someone close to me that like d to crochet. My grandma used to do a lot of that.