PDA

View Full Version : 20% off your order @ Backcountry.com

Bidwell
10-14-2009, 16:35
I work for Backcountry.com... I want to get that out of the way. If this is spam, please delete. I hold the best intentions for WB members when I post this.

Anyways, we're running a coupon code that gets you 20% off your order. Discount does not apply to gift certificates, lift tickets, Arc'teryx, Black Diamond, Burton, The North Face, Western Mountaineering, Skis, Ski Boots, Ski Bindings, Snowboards, Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Bindings, Avalanche Gear, or Aire Inflatables. If an item is already on sale you'll receive the better of the two discounts

Use the code '4L0-1-M8Z8P' at checkout.

- Greg

Manwich
10-14-2009, 16:43
errr, the code is 4L0-1-M8Z8P, why so secret?

Bidwell
10-14-2009, 16:48
errr, the code is 4L0-1-M8Z8P, why so secret?

Fixed the first post... thanks Totem.

PS - used to live in NJ. Went to many concerts @ Birch Hill Night Club in Old Bridge... is that place still around?

Manwich
10-14-2009, 17:04
Actually, I just tried to place an order and nowhere was there a coupon spot. I suppose you could place a phone order, but you're right, I had to use the Cookied Link in my Email.

Manwich
10-14-2009, 17:06
The birch hill closed down some years ago. The nearest alternative is the starland ballroom.

Bidwell
10-14-2009, 17:22
The birch hill closed down some years ago. The nearest alternative is the starland ballroom.

Bummer... saw many good shows there (granted it was a fire hazard).

If you enter the code into the "Redemption Code?" field @ checkout, it should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

- Greg

Manwich
10-14-2009, 17:31
Oh. Didn't See that. Tested it again. Applies the discount. Please disregard. I'll send a message to the Mods to del it.

David@whiteblaze
10-15-2009, 13:37
how long deal code last says man no no how write to.

ShelterLeopard
10-15-2009, 13:39
Me think people better respond when know you trying whatto say.

Manwich
10-15-2009, 13:57
I think he asked what the expiration was, to which I remember it saying 10/21, but I could be wrong.

I did receive this in my email after placing an order;

· We know this isn't your first time. By now you're practically family, so we bumped your order to the front of the line. Your order will ship free UPS Ground. Most items ship within 24 hours.

Neato. And it's true. I placed my order 5:00 yesterday and it was in the UPS system by 8:00

Dogwood
10-15-2009, 15:54
Bidwell. I understand you only work for the company, but I have two gift certificates, that BC sent me for a mistake that was totally on them and yet I can't now use them and also get my 20% discount??? Don't agree with or aprreciate that company policy at all!!!

Yukon
10-15-2009, 16:00
Discount does not apply to gift certificates, lift tickets, Arc'teryx, Black Diamond, Burton, The North Face, Western Mountaineering, Skis, Ski Boots, Ski Bindings, Snowboards, Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Bindings, Avalanche Gear, or Aire Inflatables. If an item is already on sale you'll receive the better of the two discounts

Use the code '4L0-1-M8Z8P' at checkout.

- Greg

Damn, so in other words, nothing I would want would apply :(

Blissful
10-15-2009, 19:44
Backcountry.com is a great company. Got lots of my gear there.

Blissful
10-15-2009, 19:45
Bidwell. I understand you only work for the company, but I have two gift certificates, that BC sent me for a mistake that was totally on them and yet I can't now use them and also get my 20% discount??? Don't agree with or aprreciate that company policy at all!!!

Did you do an online chat with them? Or call?

TwoForty
10-15-2009, 20:04
Some guy at backcountry made a discount code for another forum. The discount varied by manufacturer (none on Western Mountaineering, but cost for Black Diamond) but it was incredible until it was shut down. Can you guys just make up codes or what?

Dogwood
10-15-2009, 20:47
No, I didn't Blissful. Thank you for reminding me to look for a possible solution, like you suggested, rather than complaining. TU! I will try what you suggested. Even if that doesn't work at least I'm seeking a resolution.

Bidwell
10-15-2009, 21:50

I completely agree... I actually give my aunt a discount code and she was able to use the code with a gift certificate (that was several months ago). I don't know why this code wouldn't apply for your gift certificates. Chat with the folks on our home page and let me know if this is still the case... I find that policy strange (I haven't heard of it until now).

Thanks for the feedback!

Bidwell
10-15-2009, 21:51
how long deal code last says man no no how write to.

I could be mistaken but I think the code applies until Oct. 27th.

Bidwell
10-15-2009, 21:53
Some guy at backcountry made a discount code for another forum. The discount varied by manufacturer (none on Western Mountaineering, but cost for Black Diamond) but it was incredible until it was shut down. Can you guys just make up codes or what?

From my understanding it's easy for us to make discount codes, but that's not my department, so I am not sure :-?

Ranc0r
10-15-2009, 22:51
IME, backcountry's customer service has been top notch, but you do need to reach out to them and let them know how they can make it right with you. They can and have given me coupon codes to take advantage of special circumstances. If you place an order and don't see the discount you think you should have received, I've called/chatted and had the discount applied before the items even shipped. I don't work for them, and I have no complaints in my dealings with them. YMMV, but I doubt it.

HYOH, and use your own ship-to address.

Ranc0r

Ranc0r
10-15-2009, 22:53
Oh yeah. And since every one is ultra-running ultra-marathons, does anyone else remember Ultra Man?