PDA

View Full Version : A Great Bear Encounter

Nicksaari
10-17-2009, 21:17
I laughed so hard, i almost peed my pants when watching this video. I'm sure you will get a kick out of it. I should have posted this in hiking humor, but I couldn't find it. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76jVXsDBNvM&feature=related

the best part is when homeboy blows his whistle!

Graywolf
10-18-2009, 01:02
Now that was funny..One thought.. You should have picked up a stick and see if he would fetch.. Looked like he was wantin to play..

Graywolf

David S.
10-18-2009, 01:23
This could have also been a mama with cubs not to far away. If your ever yelling at a bear and they just kind of linger around or they act like they aren't to sure what to do...it could mean she is simply giving you 30 seconds to get your arse out of there.

I've also heard that bears are becoming less and less intimidated by noise and yelling.

Bottom Bunk
10-18-2009, 11:00
Hahahah - "BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!"

rickb
10-18-2009, 11:26
Geesh. Now I am gong to be wasting even more time on the internet. I had no idea of all the AT stuff on youtube.

Without hardly looking I found this one which I thought was good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4bamqZbA4U&feature=related

Nicksaari
10-18-2009, 21:12
im glad you guys and gals like the video. and YES, time will be wasted due to the exorbitant amount of AT stuff on youtube!
and it is true that bear are adapting just like humans in becoming more used to being yelled and screamed at; they dont always run away.
now, ive seen see a lot of bear ass, running in the opposite direction. ive also had bear hang around Pocosin Cabin one time while renting. i hope it will be the only time i have to lob rocks at/near the bears to get them to leave.

i wonder of the Appalachian Black Bear's behavior in say the next ten years?

will they become so used to ppl that it will endanger their lives?

let us discuss this prospect...

CowHead
10-18-2009, 21:19
im glad you guys and gals like the video. and YES, time will be wasted due to the exorbitant amount of AT stuff on youtube!
and it is true that bear are adapting just like humans in becoming more used to being yelled and screamed at; they dont always run away.
now, ive seen see a lot of bear ass, running in the opposite direction. ive also had bear hang around Pocosin Cabin one time while renting. i hope it will be the only time i have to lob rocks at/near the bears to get them to leave.

i wonder of the Appalachian Black Bear's behavior in say the next ten years?

will they become so used to ppl that it will endanger their lives?

let us discuss this prospect...

By then they'll be on the darn internet knowing where to steal or picnic baskets

SurferNerd
01-02-2010, 16:01
That was hilarious. BEEEAAAARRRR! Never heard of that tactic yet, but I'd assume calling it's name isn't working, haha.