PDA

View Full Version : Scent A-Way or similiar products

Passion Hiker 73
10-18-2009, 16:48
Has anyone ever used or thought about using hunting products that eliminate scent for food bags or packs? I picked up these dryer sheets that smell like dirt(the package says "Fresh Earth"). My purpose was for my dogs food. I have his food(Purina One) in three 1 Gallon freezer bags now and I can still smell the food slightly. I was thinking of laying a sheet in each of his saddle bags. Just a thought. I have always been a double bagger of my own food and have not had any problems other than mice at the shelters. I guess do bears go for food bags because they smell them or they just stick out from their natural surrondings when hanging out of a tree? Passion Hiker

BigBlue
10-18-2009, 17:54
Bears have a very keen sense of smell and follow it to food.
If they ate things that stuck out from their natural surroundings then they'd probably eat us instead.
Forget the sheets and just hang it in a tree, nothin worse than a mouse eating a hole in a food bag.

take-a-knee
10-19-2009, 00:28
Use some polyester over liners to put the dog food in. You'll have to twist them closed, then put that liner inside a large ziploc. You can pick up dog turds with the poly bags and you can't smell anything through them.

Blissful
10-19-2009, 10:31
Hang your food even at shelters to aovid mouse problems. Also hang your cook set and toothbrush / paste

WILLIAM HAYES
10-19-2009, 23:29
I use the scent spray from Wally Mart located in the hunting section I transfer this into a small spray bottle and pack it in my food bag I spray the inside and outside of my food bag before I hang it done this for years