PDA

View Full Version : Water bottle modification

LimpsAlong
10-20-2009, 07:54
Probably not many here need or want this but I did so I cobbled it together.
I did not want to trust a bladder for my water so I've opted for bottles. I also wanted to drink while hiking and had trouble getting my bottle back in the holder after getting a sip. I looked around the net and did not find anything that suited my need. (cheap and available)
I used a cheap bottle for the prototype and got the parts at Lowes and thru an internet valve company. I also put the innerds of a bite valve on the end to keep from losing my water by accident.
Tried it out and it works pretty good. I think I've attached pics (my first time) so we'll see if they worked.

optimator
10-20-2009, 13:03
Nice!. I like using bladders in my daypack, but hate them while backpacking. I've been using a SmarTube system this year. Just like yours but way more money :mad:! Good job man!

LimpsAlong
10-20-2009, 15:20
Nice!. I like using bladders in my daypack, but hate them while backpacking. I've been using a SmarTube system this year. Just like yours but way more money :mad:! Good job man!
Opti, where did you find the Smartube? All the sites I found listed it as not available.

optimator
10-21-2009, 01:30
Right here
http://cgi.ebay.com/SmarTube-Hands-Free-Hydration-System-Hiking-Cycling_W0QQitemZ260482788380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCy cling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca5fbec1c

This is the same seller I got mine from. And the price includes Priority shipping.

LimpsAlong
10-21-2009, 06:33
Appreciate the link. If I have any trouble with my setup I'm gonna get one.