Pictures?

Mags
10-20-2009, 15:48
http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/Continental-Divide-Trail/magsCDT06.html

Connie
10-20-2009, 16:11
Fast response. Beautiful photos.

Love your stuff.

East Glacier restaurants, up to Marias Pass, then? How does the trail go?

I see Switchback Pass.

Mags
10-20-2009, 16:23
The trail goes south over the divide. ;)

(I honestly forget the details. If you are curious, go to http://www.phlumf.com/travels/cdt/cdtmaps.shtml and get the CDT maps. The price is free, but a donation is nice)

Connie
10-20-2009, 17:28
Donate? I wish someone would "donate" me $3,200 so I could purchase my domain name back.

I'm not "curious".

It is my "backyard" so to speak.

I know the region, although I am up further north a bit because I was essentially "gifted" 30-acres just east of Chief Mountain.

While I was looking after the park at Swift Dam Reservoir, I did some "trail maintenance" with The East Slope Backcountry Horsemen, who have the contract with the U.S. Forest Service for trail maintenance.

I am interested in details, because I have contact with all that.

Mags
10-20-2009, 17:44
I am not "sure" why you are being so "cranky"

I was offering "information" and I admit I was not "sure" of the fine "details".

Usually when a person "asks" a "question" it means they are "curious". ;)

You can download the "maps" if you want to "look up" more "detailed" "info".

The "details" are avail in the "maps".
To "sum" this up:

I know Colorado well; I don't claim to know every detail. That's why I have maps. :)

Perhaps you too can look at a map and see where the CDT goes in the area. The maps, are again, free. If you find them useful, a donation can be made if you'd like. They are not my maps...just a useful CDT resource.

Cheers!:sun

Connie
10-20-2009, 18:09
Okay, thank you.

I was just looking at a "counter offer" for my domain name I had "lost".

edit: Oh, I was "testy" because I usually contribute at the forum. I ask one time, and I have the "suggestion" I "donate" somewhere for a map.

"cranky" That's it.

In fact: People ask trail details all the time, here.

If you recall detail, I would like to know it.

If anyone else, please respond. I would like detail from a thru-hiker.

garlic08
10-20-2009, 21:19
Read some journals at www.trailjournals.com (http://www.trailjournals.com). Mine is at www.trailjournals.com/gm2007 (http://www.trailjournals.com/gm2007).

Lucy Lulu
10-21-2009, 06:21
There are good journals with the information you've requested at both trailjournals.com and postholer.com

ARambler
10-21-2009, 08:35
There are many alternatives in this area of the cdt. If you hike it, you will want to know each alternative, you may adjust your route based on the water. South of Marias, I chose the low route with a dozen stream fords. This was based on the snow and local reports of poor trail mantenance on the "red" (standard) route. I hiked at the end of August. This would have been much colder in the spring. In general, I took the higher, shorter alternatives in the Bob. Ley has a bias for sobo's, so it should not be a surprize that nobo's will find the alternatives better.

Jim

Connie
10-21-2009, 20:54
This is what I was hoping for.

I will take some comments, and try to get some trail maintenance.

billinmt
12-02-2009, 20:37
Fast response. Beautiful photos.

Love your stuff.

East Glacier restaurants, up to Marias Pass, then? How does the trail go?

I see Switchback Pass.

Connie I did the section of the CDT from Marias Pass to Benckmark in 2006.

If you have any questions I will surely respond. Email me at [email protected]

I also went over Switchback Pass into the Spotted Bear Wilderness on the trip.

Bill in MT

Spirit Walker
12-03-2009, 00:34
Our CDT journals from 1999 (mostly southbound) and 2006 (northbound) are at spiriteaglehome.com in the journals section.
We chose somewhat different routes on each journey - hope it helps.

Montana AT05
12-07-2009, 13:58
Mags, I am enjoying your site. Well done. If all goes well next year, I will do the CDT portion of MT as well as the GDT in Canada. Will be nice to see my backyard--too often we don't enjoy what is beneath our nose.

Montana AT05
12-07-2009, 15:09
Oh! I didn't notice Spirit Walker was the same as spiriteaglehome...another great site for the GDT (and others). I've read your GDT journal several times; you guys take good pictures.