PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Crocks Question

XCskiNYC
10-20-2009, 22:57
How much does a pair of Crocks weigh? Size 10 if you can specify, otherwise whichever size you have a weight for.

MedicineMan
10-20-2009, 23:02
I have a weight on Croc hydro size 10=16oz.
I also have normal Crocs but cant remember the weight....in either case crocs are TOO heavy for camp shoes...Nike usurpers (discontinued but there is a replacement now) are 1/2 the weight

ChinMusic
10-20-2009, 23:02
Just went an weighed mine....... 14oz

Trooper
10-21-2009, 10:34
I have a pair of "Crooks" as I call them. They're Croc knock-offs. I believe they're size 10 and they weight 0.56 lb. They are lighter than my pair of tongs (flip-flops).

Lyle
10-21-2009, 10:39
Crocks Size 10: 13 oz

Dollar General Crock wannabe's, size 9: 9 oz

Both on my postal scale.

Kerosene
10-21-2009, 10:44
My original Crocs (in bright red, size 10 men's): 11.5 oz

My new Quark Freedoms (tasteful khaki, size 10 w/ strap): 13.25 oz

Berserker
10-22-2009, 13:27
12.95 oz (367 gr) for a pair of XL (fits 12-13) "Beach" model.

paradoxb3
10-23-2009, 11:47
i recently picked up a pair of crocs-like shoes called "nothinz" at Sportsmans Warehouse in Chattanooga, TN. They were about $20. A website i found them on says they weigh less than 8oz. I havent weighed mine yet, as i wear a pretty large shoe and expect maybe a little bit more than the website claim. I'll put them on a postage scale next chance i get.

SouthMark
10-23-2009, 15:42
Croccs knockoffs at Dollar General, $6.00 and 7.1 oz for size 10.

Jester2000
10-23-2009, 16:05
....in either case crocs are TOO heavy for camp shoes...

For you. Plenty of people carry crocs as camp shoes. I can't recommend the knock-offs, though, even though they may be lighter. We have sold hundreds of pairs of the genuine article to hikers who bought Croc-offs only to have the back strap break.

I had my real ones from Big Bear City, CA to the end of the PCT and they're still in great shape.

ChinMusic
10-23-2009, 16:33
We have sold hundreds of pairs of the genuine article to hikers who bought Croc-offs only to have the back strap break.

I had a back strap on one of my Crocs (real ones) break, but I chocked it up to "user error". I tried to push it off with my other foot. I take em off by hand now. But for long/strenuous trips, I don't take camp shoes. I wouldn't take them on a thru, but could see me changing my mind.

Got a new set to replace it so I could hang it from my pack. Didn't like having to pack the busted one inside. Suppose I could have rigged up something with a biner.

Jester2000
10-23-2009, 17:06
I had a back strap on one of my Crocs (real ones) break, but I chocked it up to "user error". I tried to push it off with my other foot. I take em off by hand now. But for long/strenuous trips, I don't take camp shoes. I wouldn't take them on a thru, but could see me changing my mind.

Got a new set to replace it so I could hang it from my pack. Didn't like having to pack the busted one inside. Suppose I could have rigged up something with a biner.

I thought I didn't want camp shoes, becuase I reasoned that my New Balance shoes should be plenty comfortable to wear around camp. Changed my mind by Big Bear City, which is still in Southern California.

Bacause I didn't want to hang my Crocs by the straps, I used some little velcro straps that stick to themselves (from Home Depot) to create little loops through the holes in the front. I have an Osprey pack, so I attached those loops to the gear attachment thingies.

Blissful
10-23-2009, 20:39
Not too heavy for me when I need something for my feet in camp to get out of hiking shoes.

Kerosene
10-23-2009, 21:07
Be skeptical of weight claims below 10 oz. for a men's size 10. Usually they're referring to the weight of a single Croc.

sbhikes
10-23-2009, 21:27
If the back strap breaks off, I suppose you could fix it by replacing the strap with an elastic strap.

While hiking the PCT this summer, I carried some real crocs (heavier than the knock-offs) just in case my new shoes didn't work out. Sometimes you have to exceed your desired weight limit on a thru-hike.

Rockhound
10-23-2009, 21:36
crocs of any size do not weigh enough to be significant unless you are a total gram weenie.

Hoop Time
10-24-2009, 11:45
In addition to liking having something to change into in camp, Crocs are great for in the water. First hike I carried mine on sold me on them when I wore them to walk down to the creek near our campsite to soak my feet. I have never had to ford streams like you do in Maine, but I hear a lot of folks sing the praises of wearing their Crocs to cross so their hiking shoes stay dry.

SouthMark
10-24-2009, 13:29
Be skeptical of weight claims below 10 oz. for a men's size 10. Usually they're referring to the weight of a single Croc.

7.1 oz for TWO crock-offs with straps that have NEVER BROKEN. Carried and used in Maine for camp shoes and many fords,

Tinker
10-24-2009, 13:49
How much does a pair of Crocks weigh? Size 10 if you can specify, otherwise whichever size you have a weight for.
Too much.
If your shoes/boots are comfortable enough to hike in they should be fine around camp. I've only taken "camp shoes" on two of my long section hikes. The first, in 1993, when I had a hunch that my custom Limmer boots weren't quite broken in (proven to be painfully correct - after two days I completely switched to my "camp shoes" - old running shoes) - and finished the 5 day hike in Vt. in them.
Second, last year hiking through the "Hundred Mile Wilderness" I took a pair of Keen Newport H2's and ended up switching to them after day 7 (of 9) when my leather Keen low tops stretched out too much to lace tightly, twisting around my feet on sidehills.
I began to see thruhikers back in 2003 with homemade slippers made from duct tape and old foam insoles. That's about as light as it gets. I like the idea but can't justify even trying it. I'd rather carry an extra ounce or so of food.

mudhead
10-24-2009, 13:53
Has anyone seen Crocs or Crocoffs in wide sizes?

Wil
10-25-2009, 04:16
How much does a pair of Crocks weigh? Size 10 if you can specify, otherwise whichever size you have a weight for.13.4 oz. for a set of my Comfort Clog IIs, 2XL (they are sized small, this is only about a size 9). Available from medical suppliers because doctors and nurses like the comfort.

These are great for lots of stream crossings with sharp rocks, reasonable canyoneering, doubling as camp shoes; but I admit they are heavy. For camp shoes and casual water crossing I use those web shower/pool shoes, a fraction of the weight.

Kerosene
10-25-2009, 22:08
7.1 oz for TWO crock-offs with straps that have NEVER BROKEN. Carried and used in Maine for camp shoes and many fords,Where'd you get 'em, SouthMark? Even my slip-on sandals weigh a little more than that.

Doooglas
10-28-2009, 10:54
case crocs are TOO heavy for camp shoes...

I think this ultralight thing has gone TOO far.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: