PDA

View Full Version : AT Event at Asheville Brewing Co. Nov10

Moonshadow03
10-22-2009, 12:31
APPALACHIAN TRAIL CONSERVANCY HOSTS A PREMIER SCREENING

OF AMERICA’S WILDEST PLACES: THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL AT

ASHEVILLE BREWING COMPANY ON NOVEMBER 10

Nov.10th at 7:30 pm

Asheville, N.C. (October 22, 2009) – The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) Diamond Brand Outdoors and the Asheville Pizza and Brewing Company are joining together on November 10 at 7:30 p.m. to celebrate National Geographic’s eye-popping special on the Appalachian Trail on the big screen. Never before seen aerial footage and an in depth look at America’s first National Scenic Trail show viewers the A.T. like no one has witnessed before.

This sweeping presentation will be accompanied by information about the famous Trail and engaging activities. Plus, attendees can check out gear and beer giveaways from Diamond Brand Outdoors and Asheville Brewing Company offered through a one-time membership offer to match National Geographic’s special.

Come raise a glass to this beloved wilderness trail and enjoy its majesty as only National Geographic can reveal.

ATC notes that this event replaces the monthly second-Tuesday gathering of A.T. hikers and enthusiasts regularly scheduled at Jack of the Wood.

See a preview: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/appalachian-trail-3591/Overview#tab-Videos/07338_00 (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/appalachian-trail-3591/Overview#tab-Videos/07338_00)

Digger'02
10-22-2009, 14:02
you beat me to it!!! check out those preview clips the footage of Mt Washington and Siler's Bald (I think thats what it is) are badicool!

Hoop Time
10-24-2009, 11:48
If the folks putting this on would want to do a similar event in the Harrisburg area, I would be happy to talk to the folks at Appalachian Brewing in Harrisburg about doing it there. Would be a natural for the brewers of Trail Blaze Brown Ale, a wonderful organic beer (and lots of other good brews, as well)

Ramble~On
10-24-2009, 12:18
Hey..Thanks for posting this. I'll be there.

Digger'02
10-28-2009, 11:06
Happily, I'll announce that we will also be showing Fester's stop motion film of the AT "Green Tunnel". Its pretty awesome.

Chaco Taco
11-07-2009, 18:56
There is also a group of us that are going to be downtown at The Vault.

Chaco Taco
11-07-2009, 18:57
There is also a group of us that are going to be downtown at The Vault.
Johnny Thunder has a room reserved with a screen

Bulldawg
11-07-2009, 18:58
Johnny Thunder has a room reserved with a screen

Hey look for me!!!!:rolleyes::cool:

Digger'02
11-09-2009, 17:15
have fun at the vault. without the people. please make sure Johnny wears just a touch of eye make-up. We don't want him looking out of place at the vault now do we?

Chaco Taco
11-09-2009, 20:51
have fun at the vault. without the people. please make sure Johnny wears just a touch of eye make-up. We don't want him looking out of place at the vault now do we?

Yea Im kinda wish we were going to APBC but he made reservations. Oh well

Digger'02
11-10-2009, 11:27
guilt and regret are powerful things. I suggest you force him to purchase shots.

at ABC the ATC and Diamond Brand are giving away:

-200$ worth of gear
-Free boots and fitting
-diamond brand gift cards
-diamond brand koozie
-free pints!
-unveiling of new membership patch

If yall want, we can give you little gift packages to go along with any ATC memberships you can peddle at the vault. they will include the free pints etc...

Marta
11-10-2009, 13:00
guilt and regret are powerful things. I suggest you force him to purchase shots.

-200$ worth of gear
-Free boots and fitting
-diamond brand koozie
-free pints!

I'm getting excited! I just have to drive through the monsoon to get there...

Diamond Diggs
11-10-2009, 14:03
hey! I want to go! Ashville is about a three hour drive for me. do you think its worth it? Where is a good place to stay? I dont have a lot of cash - Im trying to save every penny for my thru in march. Campgrounds nearby-or wal-mart parking lots? lol.

Does the whole event begin at 7:30? hmmm.... i really want to come, this will be a very spare of the moment trip. can anyone give me some directions?

Digger'02
11-10-2009, 15:40
google Asheville Brew and View on merrimon, it googles nicely. we have been getting great feedback about this!!!

Chaco Taco
11-10-2009, 17:16

-200$ worth of gear
-Free boots and fitting
-diamond brand koozie
-free pints!

If yall want, we can give you little gift packages to go along with any ATC memberships you can peddle at the vault. they will include the free pints etc...

PM you with my number

Ramble~On
11-10-2009, 18:14
I'm heading out the door in a couple minutes...see you there!

Marta
11-11-2009, 14:00
It was fun! Great to see you there, Ramble On.

Digger'02
11-11-2009, 15:29
sorry, I didn't get back to you in time chaco! How was the vault?

Ramble~On
11-11-2009, 17:41
I tought it was great. I had a bonus in winning the first of the raffle drawings. Great to see everybody and really nice to see Big Camera who I hiked with this year. It's kinda weird to see people after they have shaved and traded out the hiking garb for cotton.
The people make the trail what it is.

I thought the documentary was great..as it is. They could have left some things out and added others in..but it was what it was...and I liked it.

Chaco Taco
11-11-2009, 19:30
We had a private room with a plasma tv. It was great, a group of 08er's. We had fun. Wish you guys could have been there.

Digger'02
11-17-2009, 10:01
Chaco, I just saw a pic from your vault excersion. Looked fun! I will be hitting you up soon....