PDA

View Full Version : Safety of leaving a vehicle at Wayah Bald and nearby shuttle service???

tchiker
10-23-2009, 12:30
I am thinking of doing a 3 night trip that would begin and end at Wayah Bald. I know there is a big parking lot up there and was wondering what the relative safety is with leaving a vehicle there for three nights.

Or is there a shuttle service in the area (Franklin, NC?) that would provide reliable service to this area?

Thanks for any help, advice, or ideas....

Heater
10-23-2009, 12:40
:D
I am thinking of doing a 3 night trip that would begin and end at Wayah Bald. I know there is a big parking lot up there and was wondering what the relative safety is with leaving a vehicle there for three nights.

Or is there a shuttle service in the area (Franklin, NC?) that would provide reliable service to this area?

Thanks for any help, advice, or ideas....

This guy does shuttles and should be able to fix you up. Call him or DIE. :eek:

http://havensbudgetinn.com/

SGT Rock
01-30-2010, 00:33
Gotta love the humor of a spammer

Egads
01-30-2010, 15:11
Was at Wayah Gap today and found the road to the bald closed.

But, it was open when I hiked thru this area Feb 2007.

bruchko
01-30-2010, 16:10
Forest Service Road closed till March 15 or so. I used Ron Haven to shuttle up to the Bald last summer. Great guy !! But if you left a car there, I'd think it would be completely safe.

DRRouner
01-30-2010, 19:25
Your best bet is to contact Ron and use his shuttle service. I left my car at Springer for one night and some of the windows were broken out and everything I had in it was stolen. I'm not saying this will happen to your vehicle-but you are taking a chance.