PDA

View Full Version : Camping Gear Store

klpicktown
10-23-2009, 13:37
I acquired a used external frame Camp Trails McKinley pack.......with a busted waist belt. As in---the waist band is torn on one side and the buckle from both sides is missing. I'm pretty certain if i was able to find the proper size buckle it would still reach around my waist, but I do not want to just rig it up for it to fail on the trail later. Anyone suggest a proper fix?

Also i emailed a local camping/hiking supply store and they said they could repair it and fit me but wouldn't give me an idea on price till i was in there.....any ideas on what it may cost? and how they would repair it?

Thanks

tammons
10-23-2009, 13:53
You can get buckles and whatnot from here.

http://www.questoutfitters.com/

BlackRock
10-23-2009, 13:53
An outdoor fabric shop near me has lots of buckles. Those usually cost around 2-6 bucks depending on what you need. They also sell nylon webbing material by the foot which would probably run you $4 bucks maybe?

I'd give you a rough guess at 10 bucks in materials needed to fix the bag but it's all going to depend on how it broke and how easy that will be to fix. Without seeing the bag it's really hard to tell.

Taking a wild stab at the fix... $40 bucks.

If you are really strapped for cash I'd recommend finding a buckle and whatever material you'd need to fix it and buy it yourself, then shop around at local seamstress shops, Shoe repair shops or dry cleaners. They all usually have the knowledge and machines to fix it. Hand them the bag and materials and ask how much. That's probably your best bet.

Many Walks
10-23-2009, 17:42
I believe I've seen buckles, webbing, etc. at REI.

Rocket Jones
10-23-2009, 18:13
Many outdoorsy stores and chains carry buckles and webbing. When my local was out, I hit a fabric store for the webbing.

klpicktown
10-23-2009, 21:01
can the webbing be sewn with a normal sewing machine????? cause this boy can sew.........(ty home ec)