PDA

View Full Version : Dana Design Pack Warranty Text?

zoldaman
10-24-2009, 17:24
Does anyone have an old Dana Design Catalog or Owners Manual sitting around? I want to know what the actual text for their warranty was on their packs. Their website just refers to the Marmot site now and says that the Dana warranty is still valid, but I need to know what the actual Dana warranty was, before they got bought out.

thanks a bunch in advance,

zold

Doooglas
10-24-2009, 18:34
Does anyone have an old Dana Design Catalog or Owners Manual sitting around? I want to know what the actual text for their warranty was on their packs. Their website just refers to the Marmot site now and says that the Dana warranty is still valid, but I need to know what the actual Dana warranty was, before they got bought out.

thanks a bunch in advance,

zold

If it were me..... I'd send it to mystery ranch.
Dana will make it ROCKNROLL

FamilyGuy
10-24-2009, 18:36
I agree with Doooglas:

www.mysteryranch.com

Doooglas
10-24-2009, 18:38
Ya see. Dana and Dick Kelty were the real deal.
The other yunguns... Osprey, Granite and Gregory are excellent ....but n00Bz in this movie.

FamilyGuy
10-24-2009, 18:55
For poops and giggles I loaded up 35lbs in my Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian and compared it to my buddy's MR Big Sky with the same weight. I was pretty amazed at how much more comfortable the Big Sky was, and for less than a pound more in overall weight. Amazing suspension.

Time to get the credit card out and stimulate the economy.

Cool AT Breeze
10-24-2009, 19:14
I'e got a MX Trance that gets more comfortable at about 45lbs. I dont want to carry that much. it's now my beer hauler.

Feral Bill
10-24-2009, 19:51
I agree with Doooglas:

www.mysteryranch.com (http://www.mysteryranch.com)

That website made me drool. Even so, MR is not responsibe for Dana warranties. Having a Dana Terraplane, I have to wonder what could possible fail?

RedneckRye
10-25-2009, 01:00
That website made me drool. Even so, MR is not responsibe for Dana warranties. Having a Dana Terraplane, I have to wonder what could possible fail?

Nothing that you can't fix with dental floss and a needle, or maybe some duct tape. If a the hip belt buckle gets busted (probably by getting slammed in a car door), pull the extra one off of the lid.
The $$ that shipping would cost and the time to go to the PO has got to be more effort that a home repair.

zoldaman
10-25-2009, 13:06
Yeah, my Dana pack still looks like new and is built like a tank. The only issue is that the foam piece that goes between the framesheet and the users back disintegrated. The lady on the phone from Marmot, who now owns Dana, said that they were aware of this specific problem and it was pretty common and they knew how to fix it, but that they wouldn't fix it. Basically, it is my problem, even though the Marmot rep said that she thought it was a bad choice of foam material on Dana's part, which, to me, sounds like it would fit any definition of "manufacturer defect" that I can think of.
They offered me a discount on a Marmot pack as a "repair", but that isn't exactly warranty support or customer service. This is an issue to me, since they claim that "The Dana lifetime warranty on any Dana product remains in full force and effect." However, that doesn't seem to be the case. I had to deal with Dana's warranty department once for a minor issue and they were awesome. Dana had a full, not limited warranty, and would repair or replace the pack unless a bear tried to eat or or you ran over it with a truck. Offering a partial discount on a lesser pack isn't the same thing.

zold

Feral Bill
10-25-2009, 13:55
I'll check with Mountain Gear for an old brochure. They were a big Dana dealer, and are local.

Feral Bill
10-25-2009, 23:10
No luck with Mountain Gear. They threw out their old literature a few years ago. From thier attutude I'll not be looking at Marmot products anytime soon.

Feral Bill
10-25-2009, 23:13
No luck at Mountain Gear. They tossed their old literature a few years ago. Press Marmot harder.