PDA

View Full Version : Gooch Gap to Unicol Gap in mid November

Daydream Believer
10-27-2009, 19:41
How busy is the AT going to be about that time frame in that area? I'm thinking of doing a 3 day section hike alone (hopefully before Thanksgiving) and wondered if I'd be out there alone or have enough company at the shelters at night to feel safe. I am a mid 40's woman hiker.

Thanks!

GeneralLee10
10-27-2009, 20:00
I think you will be fine, me and two others from this site will out but North of there. All the folks I met on AT have been cool so far. Matter of fact we met a woman section hiker (solo) she had the biggest smile on her face. Just as happy as could be seemed as if there were no worries at all. Think positive and positive will happen, who knows you mite make one or two new frnds I have. :)

Phreak
10-27-2009, 20:12
How busy is the AT going to be about that time frame in that area? I'm thinking of doing a 3 day section hike alone (hopefully before Thanksgiving) and wondered if I'd be out there alone or have enough company at the shelters at night to feel safe. I am a mid 40's woman hiker.

Thanks!
There should be plenty of people on the trail during this time. I doubt you'll be alone at any shelter during your trip.

Daydream Believer
10-27-2009, 22:12
Thanks! That is great news!