PDA

View Full Version : REI opening new store in Richmond

johnnybgood
10-28-2009, 16:24
:bananaJust received the e-mail about the grand opening of an REI in Richmond on November 20th.

Grand Opening Celebration is officially Nov. 20-22nd with all the hoopla involved in opening a new store.

First REI to locate to Richmond/Tri-cities area.

Can't wait ... im sure there will be freebies.

FritztheCat
10-28-2009, 16:30
That's awesome! I may have to drive up and take a look!

Rocket Jones
10-28-2009, 18:35
Another reason to take my time when driving through to visit my daughter in Virginia Beach. :)

Jack Tarlin
10-28-2009, 19:13
What great news.

Really Expensive Items has yet to make much of an inroad in Northern New England.

And not to be a sourpuss, I wasn't particularly impressed with either their stores, or especially their customer service on the several occasions where I visited their stores elsewhere.

As a rule, depending on what I'm looking for, I prefer to do my outdoor shopping at smaller, privately owned, independent outfitters, where the owner is also the product buyer and day-to-day manager of the store's affairs.

When this is the case, I tend to find really good gear, well displayed, sold by people who are adequately equipped to discuss it and answer questions, and where the staff doesn't turn over every time the college goes back into session.

What one continually hears about REI is "Well if you're not happy with what you got, you won't have a problem returning it!"

Very true.

I'm kinda old school. I'd rather make sure I get the right stuff the first time around so I don't have to deal with it later. :rolleyes:

Doooglas
10-29-2009, 10:32
There's a guy here who guides for REI and he's opening up a mini REI in San Jose Costa Rica.
I'm psyched. There goes the retirement fund...LOL