PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean a Snowpeak Giga stove?

DrRichardCranium
10-28-2009, 20:58
Some liquid dripped down & burned onto the stove where the flames come out & is blocking the flow. I tried rubbing it with a cloth & gentle scraping, but it is still blocked. Any suggestions?

nox
10-28-2009, 21:06
Richard Cranium!!! HAHA.. nice. I would try burning it off with a lighter without the canister attached. That might work, it sure won't hurt the stove since it won't be near as hot as the flame it is use to.

DrRichardCranium
10-28-2009, 21:07
I don't think that will work. The liquid is burned black & dry onto the surface of the screen. Maybe some sort of solvent?

toegem
10-29-2009, 06:54
Richard,
This may work, try some mineral spirits it is used to remove burnt on carbon and grease in the auto industry, let it soak for awhile then use a flux brush to remove any stubborn particles once done, use some clean mineral spirits on another brush to clean the head of the stove shake off any remaining sipirts and let it dry. Be careful not to get spirits on the gasket I'm not sure if the mineral spirits will cause the gasket to deform. Mineral spirits are a hazardous waste so you may want to wear some form of protection on your hands

DirtBagger
10-29-2009, 07:15
It works fantastically. Just dip the affected member in the liquid - allow to soak - and, wallah - its magic. It worked so good the stove almost looked new again. Stay away from the rubber gasket - or remove it altogether before cleaning. I am not sure that it wil hurt the gasket, but why take chances?
This worked so well on the stove that I used it to clean the baked-on-gunk from the outside of my cookpot - also looked a new one (at a scratch and dent sale).
By the way - laquer thinner evaporates extremely fast - so be quick.