PDA

View Full Version : Parking In Hot Springs,nc

Codger
10-31-2009, 11:51
Doing a section hike from Fontana to Hot Springs,NC, in mid May 2010 and would like to leave a vehicle in Hot Spirngs. Know of any good places to park? Thanks

Big Dawg
10-31-2009, 12:14
There's a parking lot that the trail comes to before heading into town. That's where I parked.

papa john
10-31-2009, 12:18
There's a parking lot that the trail comes to before heading into town. That's where I parked.

Have parked here several times, no issues at all. The lot is patrolled by LEO. The trail comes out of the woods and goes right through this lot.

Marta
10-31-2009, 17:23
On either end of town there are trailhead parking areas. I've parked safely at both a number of times.

Big Dawg
11-01-2009, 08:33
papa john[/B];914000]Have parked here several times, no issues at all. The lot is patrolled by LEO. The trail comes out of the woods and goes right through this lot.

Hey Papa John, I LOVE your pizza!!! :D

Ox97GaMe
11-01-2009, 10:24
If you dont want to leave your car at the trailhead, either Elmer's or The Duckett House allow hikers to leave vehicles at their place. Check with both first. You may be required to stay one night at the hostel in order to park vehicle there, but either is a great place to either start or finish your trip.

papa john
11-01-2009, 11:25
Hey Papa John, I LOVE your pizza!!! :D

HEY!!!! Keep your mitts off'n my pizza!:)

SouthMark
11-01-2009, 12:06
I hope you bring some along Thanksgiving.

Chip
11-01-2009, 12:29
The parking lot is near to the Forest Service Maintenance Shop. The trail leads from this parking lot to downtown Hot Springs. Your auto should be safe here. My wife & I maintain this section of trail (between DeerPark shelter & Hot Springs) and park there when we are on the trail. :)

Erin
11-01-2009, 21:03
Elmer's is pretty tight on parking. Not much room. With permission, we parked up the hill at the school behind the building for five days. No problems at all. We had a big surburban with alot of stuff in it since we had to travel two days to get there, and we had two that flew in with luggage, plus coolers, plus all the winter stuff we left since we did not need it for our section.