PDA

View Full Version : Crawfish Valley, VA

twilight
10-31-2009, 12:31
Is the campsite in Crawfish Valley in VA on a blue blaze trail? Appalachian pages says it .3 E from valley.

Twilight

Nicksaari
10-31-2009, 13:00
that is a hot spot to camp for a while. put yer beer in the creek. nice locals round the way trying to sell prescription drugs and pot. no thanks but you can join me for a brew.
i believe that campsite is on a blue blaze. have fun

rambunny
10-31-2009, 14:16
It is a nice place to camp.

Jack Tarlin
10-31-2009, 16:25
There's beautiful places to camp in that area right next to the Trail; certainly no need to go .3 away.

Doooglas
10-31-2009, 19:34
that is a hot spot to camp for a while. put yer beer in the creek. nice locals round the way trying to sell prescription drugs and pot. no thanks but you can join me for a brew.
i believe that campsite is on a blue blaze. have fun
Ya gotta love roughing it in the wilderness.

rambunny
11-07-2009, 22:04
The journey is the destination.

GoldenBear
09-19-2015, 23:52
If you're walking south* on the A.T, you'll come to a sign showing "Crawfish Trail" to the right, and water to the left. Literally within sight of this sign is the camping area, which has room for several tents. The water is a walk of less than a minute away, and is presently flowing well. In other words, both the tent area and the water are pretty close to The Trail.

* Those going north will just have to reverse directions. Also note that the sign is only facing SOBOs.