PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Sobo Update

Christus Cowboy
10-31-2009, 17:03
I just got done doing a 74 mile section hike from 19E to Damascus, VA. this past week and ran into alot of Sobos making their way to Springer. Most of the ones we ran into were in good spirits and making good progress. My best estimates has most of this group finishing mid to late November. The following Sobos wanted me to give them a shout out here on Whiteblaze:

10/24/2009- Ran into Statesboro, Mr. Freeze, and Troger at the Mountaineer Falls shelter. All three were doing well and making good time.

10/25/2009 - South of Moreland Gap I came across Walkabout and Rock Lobster hiking together. Also ran into Fuego who also doing well and putting in some high mileage days.

10/25/2009 - At the Moreland Gap shelter met Cargo Pockets who pulled out early the next morning.

10/26/2009 - Between Moreland Gap and Kincora ran into Tiger and Zombie both in good spirits. Between Laurel Fork Falls & Waycaster Springs ran into Country Runner who was doing well and planning on staying at Kincora. Also ran into Lady Jellybean and Fiegel on Pond Mountain who where hiking together and just enjoying their journey.

10/27/2009 - At the Vandevinter Shelter on Iron Mountain caught P.I., Smooze, and Krammin taking a break pushing on for another 10 or so miles.

10/28/2009 - North of Shady Valley ran into Brother Tucky from Louisville doing well and shooting for an end of November finish.

10/29/2009 - At the Abingdon Gap shelter ran into Lakota and Tenacious Turtle who had taken a break in Damascus and were back on the trail. Both were well rested and doing well.

10/30/2009 - In Damascus, VA ran into Igo who was battling Lyme's Disease but getting his perscription filled and planning getting back on the trail. Also ran into B.B. and Gas Tank as well.