PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Dood
11-03-2009, 08:14
My name is Doodman - dood for short. I am going to hike the Benton Mckaye trail this winter from Springer to the Smokies and back on the AT (memory lane).
Things sure have changed with hiking long trails since I was in college (a long time ago). Thanks for all the information that everyone has shared. If you see a guy on the Benton/AT with an old Super Tioga - it might be me.

I hope Randall Lee Smith will not be waiting for me out there (old trail humor).

Thanks again for all the info shared. It really helped me with gear and logistics.

Spokes
11-03-2009, 08:29
Welcome to WB Dood.........Good luck on your adventure.

Blissful
11-03-2009, 10:44
:welcome Glad to have you here.

Lyle
11-03-2009, 11:30
Welcome. Good luck with your planned hike.

Hopefully you won't fill that old Kelty up like we all used to!!!! :D

Less is MUCH more.

HAVE FUN!!!

Dood
11-03-2009, 12:12
Thanks all. Yeah, Lyle, if the knees didnt crackle when you put the pack on it meant there was room for more. I'm changing, slowly. No doubts that I will make it - barring the unusual. I have been avid, just did not have time for anything long in a while. And now I do.

sheepdog
11-03-2009, 12:14
Welcome and be sure to give us a report.

babbage
11-03-2009, 13:08
I met you at Middle Prong on the MTS a couple of years ago. It was me, hootyhoo, rootball, jonniebob, and the crew of dogs that followed us around. We camped with you at that spot above the tunnel. Anyways, glad to hear you have time for a long run. Send me some dates and I might be able to meet up or angel you some food.

Now that I think of it - how are you getting from 129 over to Fontana?

Eagle Creek?