PDA

View Full Version : Crocs

The Phoenix
11-03-2009, 12:30
I finished my thru-hike on Halloween in Maryland. I remember posting on WB about having hiked from Georgia to Maryland in one pair of crocs, and some people saying wait until you get to PA... see how your crocs do then.

Well Crocs 1.0 made it to the Kinsmans in NH and then they were at the point of being unuseable (for any serious hiking) and so I retired them and brought out Crocs 2.0 and went from Southern NH all the way back down to Pine Knob Shelter MD.

As for the rocks and crocs issue in PA... there was none. I averaged 23 miles a day through PA and really enjoyed it. I would often get comments from other hikers saying "wow you must have strong feet/ankles" which is really not the case all.

Everyone has there own styles of hiking and what not... but I would recommend testing out crocs on a few little local day hikes... I loved em for 2178.4 miles and can't beat their cost!

my PA slogan was "crocs over rocks"... open your mind and give them a go!

Godspeed

-The Phoenix-

lazy river road
11-03-2009, 13:35
Im doing the LT this summer and have been contenplating wearing my chaocos the entire trail...glad to hear that wearing sandles is a possibility. Glad you and your crocs made it safely home (or the second pair at least)

Mags
11-03-2009, 13:48
But at the end of the day you are still wearing perhaps the ugliest shoes made my mankind. :D

sheepdog
11-03-2009, 13:51
beauty is as beauty does. Crocs are great.

Jester2000
11-03-2009, 14:47
But at the end of the day you are still wearing perhaps the ugliest shoes made my mankind. :D

I wear Crocs because they make the rest of me look attractive by comparison.

Lilred
11-03-2009, 15:30
I had plantar fascitis in my left foot. The only time I felt relief from the pain was when wearing my crocs. I would be limping with pain, put on the crocs, and immediately I was pain free. Wore crocs for four months straight, even to church, in my dress, I didn't care cause there was no pain. Plantar fascitis is gone and hasn't come back for three years. I LOVE my crocs.

Mocs123
11-03-2009, 15:31
I think I may have passed you in SNP while I was going SOBO. Did you also have a Dri-Ducks rain jacket/pants combo?

Anyways, I have a good friend who is the store manager of the Crocs Store here in Chattanooga and I have told him that I passed a thru hiker in SNP that had hiked 900 miles with one pair of Crocs!

Blissful
11-03-2009, 15:41
My baby blue crocs from my '07 hike are right now on my feet. (I didn't hike in them naturally, but used them for camp and rivers)

The Phoenix
11-03-2009, 16:32
I did indeed sport the dri-ducks...so it was possibly me you saw. 1300 and change miles on my first pair and then 800 and whatever on the 2nd pair.

I'm not saying they are styling I'd rather be rockin some Air Jordan's than rubber swiss cheese... but all I'm sayin is I spent 40 bucks on footwear for a thru-hike got no blisters or serious foot pain... carried a 45-60 lb pack the whole way and had no problems.

I've seen people go through more boots (hundreds of dollars worth) then I went through crocs... they are cheap and long-lasting. Don't knock it till you try it.

Kerosene
11-03-2009, 16:38
I wear Crocs because they make the rest of me look attractive by comparison.That's only your opinion, of course, as you haven't posted the proof that would let us truly determine that you've achieved a modicum of attractiveness in this attire. As Chester the Cheetah says, "It ain't easy bein' cheesy!" :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uzU4-m_CMB8/SicHuIFgQ-I/AAAAAAAAFUg/Y4v8f63-sUw/s320/1chestercheetah.jpg

TroutEhCuss
11-03-2009, 16:46
i think Croc's has a boot like product out now. I have a pair that look like the popular 80'2 Duck shoes. I plan on using them as my camp shoe - they have a solid heel.

Jester2000
11-03-2009, 17:00
That's only your opinion, of course, as you haven't posted the proof that would let us truly determine that you've achieved a modicum of attractiveness in this attire. As Chester the Cheetah says, "It ain't easy bein' cheesy!" :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uzU4-m_CMB8/SicHuIFgQ-I/AAAAAAAAFUg/Y4v8f63-sUw/s320/1chestercheetah.jpg

Mmmmmmm. Cheese.

Doooglas
11-03-2009, 17:03
Heavy, heavy heavy.:rolleyes:

Doooglas
11-03-2009, 17:03
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz