PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Classic on CDT?

SunnyWalker
11-05-2009, 14:53
I want to take my Ipod Classic on CDT thru hike. Anyone else? It is heavy though, and I have another MP3 that weighs much less and has 8 Gigs memory. Batteries last 32 hours. I guess I just made my decision. But it is hard to let go of the Ipod. Anyone with ideas or suggestions? :sun

Doooglas
11-05-2009, 19:43
You jokers do not realize the animals can hear that CRAP better than you can.
iPod is IDIOT pod

paintplongo
11-05-2009, 20:00
iPod is IDIOT pod

I love all your condescending posts referencing Americans. Why do you post on here if you think the United States is an "idiocity?" Loving that hate that's coming from Central America.

Mags
11-05-2009, 21:47
iPod is IDIOT pod

While I would not carry an IPOD while hiking...neither would I insult someone for doing so.

Remember, just because you like chocolate ice cream, that does not mean vanilla ice cream sucks. :)

lazy river road
11-05-2009, 23:53
Well said mags...and I dont think it to heavy if you want to carry it :)...

snaplok
11-06-2009, 00:25
Man needs entertainment.

I carry an Ipod Classic myself. Can't beat having music and movies when in camp at night. But that's just me. :D

XCskiNYC
11-06-2009, 00:58
I suggest the Kaito 1102 AM-FM-SW radio. Unfortunately now out of stock at J&R and anywhere else it costs $20 more. They do have the lower-level 1101 in stock.

SunnyWalker
11-06-2009, 01:58
Yeah. Thanks. By the way, the Mp3 player is not good for 32 hours (Walkman Sony is), but more like 16 hrs. Still good. Love that Ipod Classic though.
I do not listen to something like this throughout the day of hiking. But sometimes you need a lift and listening for a shor time while you walk can kind of be a "pick-me-up" psychological thing.

garlic08
11-06-2009, 10:45
I do not listen to something like this throughout the day of hiking. But sometimes you need a lift and listening for a shor time while you walk can kind of be a "pick-me-up" psychological thing.

Very good that you don't listen while hiking. On the CDT, at least in New Mexico, I really like having my ears available for snakes. And I sure wouldn't want to miss the cries of the hawks, one of my favorite sounds in the world.

Some Saturday mornings, though, I'd give almost anything to be able to listen to Cartalk (snort).

SunnyWalker
11-07-2009, 01:48
Yeah, that CarTalk is a hoot!