PDA

View Full Version : Let me get this straight

Mango
11-07-2009, 14:43
B Jack can challenge anything another poster says. But if someone disagrees with him, that post gets deleted? If I'm missing something about basic fairness, please help me understand.

Bulldawg
11-07-2009, 14:45
B Jack can challenge anything another poster says. But if someone disagrees with him, that post gets deleted? If I'm missing something about basic fairness, please help me understand.

Jack is a living trail legend, didn't you know??:-?:-?

Dogwood
11-07-2009, 15:34
No one is ever going to take you serious with a trailname like Mango! Sounds like a pet monkey's name! You need a cool sounding trailname like, umm, Baltimore Jack!

skinewmexico
11-07-2009, 15:36
There are a lot of regulars on here that will get your post deleted if you disagree. Welcome to Whiteblaze. Like most online forums, this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship. Private owners can pick their own moderators, and let them edit as they see fit.

ChinMusic
11-07-2009, 15:51
No one is ever going to take you serious with a trailname like Mango! Sounds like a pet monkey's name! You need a cool sounding trailname like, umm, Baltimore Jack!
Mango? Are you named from the Sat Night Live skit?

Mango
11-07-2009, 16:19
No, not SNL. I hadn't even heard of that character until I got named and my kids said "Dad!!! Haven't you seen SNL?" By then it was too late. It actually comes from Jimmy Buffett music.

modiyooch
11-07-2009, 16:32
Would it be blinders? yep, I'm a little frustrated myself. Never believed it before, but I do see it now.

Reid
11-07-2009, 16:34
Just go to BPL and don't worry about it.

Reid
11-07-2009, 16:36
I've given loads of money to BPL for that very reason too. Not quite sure I wanna give WB 500 yet.

skinewmexico
11-07-2009, 16:40
Just go to BPL and don't worry about it.

:sun Yep, that works well.

modiyooch
11-07-2009, 16:48
Boston Public Library?

ShelterLeopard
11-07-2009, 17:05
I think having mods is a good system. They can shut down threads that are getting to nasty and delete comments that are rude or trollish. Anyway- I can't see Jack deleting anyone because he disagrees with them. He'll tell you if he disagrees with what you say, not delete you and ignore your comment.

On the other hand, if you're being a complete troll and don't have anything usful to say or go completely off topic, then you probably will be deleted. Diminishes the clutter and annoying trend of going completely off topic.

modiyooch
11-07-2009, 17:08
I think having mods is a good system. They can shut down threads that are getting to nasty and delete comments that are rude or trollish. Anyway- I can't see Jack deleting anyone because he disagrees with them. He'll tell you if he disagrees with what you say, not delete you and ignore your comment.

On the other hand, if you're being a complete troll and don't have anything usful to say or go completely off topic, then you probably will be deleted. Diminishes the clutter and annoying trend of going completely off topic.tell me what was wrong with post #145?? It was returned after I inquired. no explanation as to why it was removed or returned. Now, I have another one gone.

ShelterLeopard
11-07-2009, 17:15
And there are the bizarre times, when it is completely inexplained and unknown. {spooky music} Who knows?

Lugnut
11-07-2009, 18:47
[QUOTE=ShelterLeopard;916636] Anyway- I can't see Jack deleting anyone because he disagrees with them.QUOTE]

Jack is not a moderator. He can't delete anyone. (Fortunately) :rolleyes:

rambunny
11-07-2009, 19:38
The whole reason there are moderators is the same reason hostels have to put signs everywhere. Someone didn't do the right thing so now everyone suffers. Put your big girl panties on and deal with it. I'm just sayin'.

ShelterLeopard
11-07-2009, 20:11
I still couldn't see him deleting anyone just 'cause they disagreed with them. Anyway, I thought all deleted comments had a line that showed by whom they were deleted, and why. I think it probably wasn't deleted, just got lost in the shuffle of space.

Alligator
11-07-2009, 20:19
B Jack can challenge anything another poster says. But if someone disagrees with him, that post gets deleted? If I'm missing something about basic fairness, please help me understand.If you have an issue with a post deletion, contact the moderator for that forum or admin through PM or email. Forum moderators are listed on the bottom of the forum page thread listing.