PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Partner, April/May

smankin
11-09-2009, 19:55
My parents are hoping I can find a partner to start hiking with in April/May because I am 18 years old and they are worried.

Is anyone starting around the same time that would like to talk about starting together?

Thanks!

Hobbot
11-10-2009, 00:27
Not that this will help your parents at all, but you will definitely not be alone in April or May. Keep your eyes on:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/index.php?page=2010thruhikers

and you will find someone who is starting at the same time that would be willing to stick with you during the beginning stretch.

Nomaderwhat
11-16-2009, 19:29
My brother and I will be starting the trail April 1st. Inform your parents that you will be meeting so many people, that you'll get tired of it.

stranger
11-19-2009, 21:18
I left April 9th last year and on my first day passed about 6 hikers, met another bunch at Hawk Mountain and camped with about 12 others at Gooch Mountain, the next day there were about 20 hikers at Neels Gap. On my 3rd day camped with about 10-12 othes at Blue Mountain, and the day after that there were dozens of hikers in Hiawassee...

No lack of people around in early-mid April...and many of them are young

Bidwell
11-21-2009, 03:51
I am starting April May and plan on starting slow, but after getting past the first 400 miles probably picking up the pace. My starting date depends on many different things - I'll have a better idea of when I start in the next few months.

Red Beard
11-21-2009, 09:38
Well since I got the results of my MRI back (no brain tumor), God willing, I should be starting mid-April.

I doubt you'll have a lack of people to meet with once you're on the trail though. I hiked through the Nantahala during May one year, and saw at least 10 other people.

No worries, and happy hiking. :banana