PDA

View Full Version : This sucks (sad news)

Pencil Pusher
08-21-2004, 00:07
From the thread about a bear drinking 36 beers and passing out ("Another article about Lone Wolf"), therein is a weblink to CNN.com's article and at the bottom of this article another weblink for a sad story:
http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-4/1093013145121690.xml

I googled the last name of one of the victims and found a better article than CNN's, hence the different weblink than CNN. No struggle, no valuables taken... man, a sad story.:(

Israel
08-21-2004, 01:00
I heard this earlier today as well. Very sad news indeed.

SargeAT
08-21-2004, 02:09
Just read the whole thread about Elwood and now this, what the hell is the world coming to? Highwaymen are nothing new, but I hope that story gives a justification for being run, other than simply trying to show us the savagery of our sometimes not so fellow-man.

art to linda
08-21-2004, 09:23
I read the story this morning...though it's been many years since I've been in that area I can still remember the beauty of it. Time has past and I'm sure changes have altered some of the area but this is one change I never thought to see happen. From what I read, someone came up on them while they were sleeping and shot them both. That leads one to speculate that either someone was watching and waiting till they fell asleep or that they had met someone earlier who did not move on. An execution style murder of two young people is hard enough to wrap your mind around, but having it happen in a beautiful wilderness area makes it even more so.