PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...

SargeAT
08-21-2004, 02:44
Forgive me brothers for I have sinned, I rode the cog up pikes peak in colorado springs. How should I reconcile myself with the mountains?

Dances with Mice
08-21-2004, 09:59
Forgive me brothers for I have sinned, I rode the cog up pikes peak in colorado springs. How should I reconcile myself with the mountains?

That's off the AT, so it's just a blue blaze trail.

Pencil Pusher
08-21-2004, 17:10
As pennance you shall say 100 hail maries after drinking 12 bloody maries. Take comfort in the fact there is a road to the top for automobiles, you evil sinner.

SargeAT
08-22-2004, 02:09
I was always partial to Bloody Marys. Oh well, here goes nothing.

*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*
*glug*

Hale mare, fulls o grace' the lord issss with thee, blesssud art ow and full....hallowed thee thy name........*hic*.......

*Bleeeughhhhh!*

squirrel bait
08-22-2004, 03:00
I rode that thing back in the sixties and early seventies, have even rode the Ducks at Wisconsin Dells, not no never done me no none harm. :cool:

Jaybird
08-22-2004, 09:15

go forth, my wanderin' brother, into yon wilderness, for many miles you will see white-capped peaks, green of forest, & endless trail....you are forgiven when you come to the God we call Katahdin! :D

SargeAT
08-22-2004, 17:45
When I start telling people that on my thru-hike, that I must make amends. Thats a whole trail name in the making...hmmmm :)

Rain Man
08-22-2004, 18:46

Okay, what I need to know is whether you made some college kid at the top lug your backpack and/or luggage up the final bit from the cog terminal up to the lodge?

That's a temp job Grass had last Fall in prep for her thru-hike. BTW, she summitted Mt. Washington (the old fashioned way ... hiking) on Tuesday.
:sun

Rain Man

SargeAT
08-22-2004, 22:30
No didn't do that, was almost tempted to renconcile myself by getting off at the half-way point used by hikers without a pack, water, or proper clothing.

SargeAT
08-23-2004, 16:40
THATS IT, I SERVED MY TIME! Alright, today I get up at about 8'o'clock to hike Austin, Texas' Green belt. So I get all my stuff together, mistakes; Forgot potable aqua, cotton shirt and socks, deadweight my pack to 30 pounds, only 2 liters of water for a 5 mile hike, hike in the wrong direction from barton springs, (a popular spring-fed swimming pool in Austin.) After hiking for about 4 hours, I run out of water and quickly look from the stream back to the trail, giardia was starting to sound not-so-bad. I force myself to hike another mile, 500 meters to the trail-head and my car. 200 meters left, I drop my backpack and lurch up the hill, slightly hallucinating from lack of sleep and dehydration. Let me just remind you, there is the hot texas sun beating the back of my head stacked with 90% humidity, and 90+ degrees. Alright, so I reach the shade and pass out for five minutes, wake up and stumble into my car and high-tail it to the nearest quiznos, my life depending on it. THERE, this should be sufficient punishment inflicted by the spirit of the trail for riding a cog.

kentucky
08-23-2004, 17:51
I surely wouldnt worry about a cog ride unless your one of them ther purist hikers who go crazy about the thought of actually not hiking one mountain, I wish i would of had some cog rides out in kings canyon this summer:bse

Pencil Pusher
08-23-2004, 18:39
Okay dude, five miles? Tell us you were drinking copious amounts of intoxicating beverages prior to this. Or recovering from a highly entertaining par-tay at Hippy Hollow.;)

SargeAT
08-23-2004, 23:56
Intoxicated? No, no, just on the caffeine that kept me awake for 24 hours......what I would do to visit hippy hollow right now....

foodbag
08-24-2004, 01:34
Was it fun? If so, do it again!!!