PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis

squeezebox
11-18-2009, 12:03
Would love to have an experienced thru hiker to talk to in person, is anyone in the St. Louis area available for that. I'm new and need to learn everything.
Would love to have someone to hike with also
Thanks!

The Solemates
11-18-2009, 12:42
not sure how much i can get out in that area, but i would consider section hiking the illinois river-to-river trail with you, that way I'd have a shuttle partner. probably couldnt hike til jan or so.

http://www.rivertorivertrail.com/home.html

Ladytrekker
11-18-2009, 13:15
Go to meetup.com and put in your zip code and see if there is a hiking or adventure group in your area or within x amount of miles.

I could not find what I was looking for in Florida so I started my own meetup on meetup.com, it makes it really easy to find people to hike with and I am making some great friends.

Some of the hikers that have joined my group are AT hikers a few have done thrus and some section hikers, so I have been able to get alot of first hand experience.

Hikes with a stick
11-18-2009, 13:21
Check out the REI store in St. Louis. They have several people that work there that have thru hiked. They have classes in the store that the employees run that would cover alot of that info too.