PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, folks.

Sue_Bird
11-18-2009, 21:37
Hey everyone who uses this site,

Just wanted to say a big, huge THANK YOU for teaching me everything I needed to know to finish a thru-hike this year on August 25th.

This time last year, I knew nothing about backpacking--I just knew I wanted to hike the appalachian trail. I got a lot of bemused smiles from co-workers/family/the like, but you folks never doubted me! Reading this site (for maybe way too many hours...), asking questions, getting opinions, and even buying gear from some of you resulted in me making smart, affordable gear choices, most of which lasted me the whole or most of the Trail. And as most of you know who've hiked, the rest I picked up in the first couple weeks (although I may or may not have almost burned down Springer shelter with my stove I didn't know how to prime...but no harm done.)

Keep doing what you're doing. This site is a HUGE resource for new hikers. Plus, it was fun to meet some of you on the Trail!

Much care.

-THE DARKNESS!!!-
March 12, 2009-August 25th, 2009

FritztheCat
11-19-2009, 09:27
That's awesome! Congrats! You can change your personal info from "Year of thru-hike: 2009 hopeful" to just "2009."

:)