PDA

View Full Version : SMD Lunar Solo

Rowdy Yates
11-19-2009, 11:58
Does anyone know of another web site that sells the SMD Lunar Solo (used or new) other than Six Moon Designs? :confused:

The Solemates
11-19-2009, 12:03
nope. its a cottage industry. why dont you want to order directly from them?

skinewmexico
11-19-2009, 17:24
List of retailers on their web site, of all places - http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/dealers.asp

SMD occasionally has returned tents at good prices, you just have to call them.

Rowdy Yates
11-19-2009, 17:33
List of retailers on their web site, of all places - http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/dealers.asp

:sun Thanks skinewmexico; this is exactly the info I was searching for. I printed it out so I could file it away.

Chaco Taco
11-19-2009, 18:07

I bought a lunar duo from them as a scratch and dent sale. Its just fine, one spot on it.
Yea Im curious, why dont you want to order from them. Really nice guys. Spent an hour on the phone with them after I ordered. Lotta hiking experience

Rowdy Yates
11-19-2009, 18:21
I bought a lunar duo from them as a scratch and dent sale. Its just fine, one spot on it.
Yea Im curious, why dont you want to order from them. Really nice guys. Spent an hour on the phone with them after I ordered. Lotta hiking experience

NO PARTICULAR REASON. I wanted an older model of the Lunar Solo IF it is available.

Chaco Taco
11-19-2009, 18:34
NO PARTICULAR REASON. I wanted an older model of the Lunar Solo IF it is available.

Good luck try used gear forum

skinewmexico
11-19-2009, 19:41
So you want the Lunar Solo before the enhancements?

Rowdy Yates
11-19-2009, 19:59
So you want the Lunar Solo before the enhancements?

YES:banana

Manwich
11-19-2009, 20:43
What were the enhancements?

I think I have an older one. The newer ones have a black "hood" that goes over that vent.

Rowdy Yates
11-19-2009, 22:15
What were the enhancements?

I think I have an older one. The newer ones have a black "hood" that goes over that vent.

I'm not exactly sure what the "enhancements" are but here is what their website states in reference to the LUNAR SOLO:

The Award Wining Lunar Solo (formally Lunar Solo Enhanced) packs a tremendous amount of room, weather protection and features into its incredibly light 1.5 pound package. The Lunar Solo is designed to provide a comfortable home whether you find yourself atop a treeless ridge in the Colorado Rockies or weathering a summer deluge on the Appalachian Trail.
Its low hexagonal shape easily spills the wind no matter the direction. Short steeply sloped sides handle snow or high winds with ease. A generous canopy covers a 27.5 sq. ft. sleeping area plus 10 sq. ft. of vestibule storage. The 45" peak height, set in the middle of the tent maximizes room for sitting and taking care of chores.
The sleeping area is surrounded by 15" high mesh walls. The mesh ensures excellent ventilation while keeping you separated from low canopy walls. This keeps you drier on those occasions when condensation forms on the canopy.
The vestibule is set on the long side of the tent to maximize views and ventilation when fully open. Close it and you've got phenomenal protection from the worst storms.

10-K
11-29-2009, 20:22
Seriously consider going for the Duo. Not much more weight and way more room... I have both and I never use the Solo...