PDA

View Full Version : I love my gear

Chaco Taco
11-19-2009, 18:19
I made the final purchase yesterday to complete my new gear. I couldnt be happier with what I have. Baseweight is around 12 and I never thought I could get that low for the money I have spent!!! Just wanted to throw that out cuz Im pumped for our Thanksgiving hike!!

Tipi Walter
11-19-2009, 18:28
I made the final purchase yesterday to complete my new gear. I couldnt be happier with what I have. Baseweight is around 12 and I never thought I could get that low for the money I have spent!!! Just wanted to throw that out cuz Im pumped for our Thanksgiving hike!!

I don't think there's a better time to be out backpacking than during Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. The holidays and all. And the cooler weather. No rattlesnakes. No yellow jackets. I just might be out during Thanksgiving, too!

Chaco Taco
11-19-2009, 18:32
I don't think there's a better time to be out backpacking than during Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. The holidays and all. And the cooler weather. No rattlesnakes. No yellow jackets. I just might be out during Thanksgiving, too!

Yea we looked at the weather and they were calling for rain next weekend. My thought was "Can we get a dang break?" The past FEW trips, we have been getting caught in some vicious weather. I looked when I got home from work and saw that the weather forecast has changed. Sunny all next weekend.
We did Carvers to 19 last year just before Thanksgiving and it was awesome.

Cant wait to try out some new stuff

Foyt20
11-19-2009, 23:23
Well, whats the list, and where did you buy everything?

Franco
11-19-2009, 23:30
Chaco Taco
Having completed a sale , with the money inside the till and a very excited customer next to me (camera sales...) I often commended them NOT to look at cameras or discuss them for a year or two.
So my unsolicited advice is for you to enjoy the moment and stay away from gear shops...and gear nerds (like me)
Franco

Chaco Taco
11-20-2009, 00:19
Chaco Taco
Having completed a sale , with the money inside the till and a very excited customer next to me (camera sales...) I often commended them NOT to look at cameras or discuss them for a year or two.
So my unsolicited advice is for you to enjoy the moment and stay away from gear shops...and gear nerds (like me)
Franco

Whatever, Im always lookin at somethin better. And you call yourself a gear nerd, psshhhhhh

Franco
11-20-2009, 19:19
Oh great !!!
In that case post a list of what you have so that you can get loads of comments about "better" gear someone else has.
Franco

Chaco Taco
11-20-2009, 19:52
Oh great !!!
In that case post a list of what you have so that you can get loads of comments about "better" gear someone else has.
Franco

Cuz I dont really care what everyone else thinks. Im just happy with what I got and what I got coming. I know it is good for me and my wilderness experience. Everyones gear is what makes them happy. Ill post some of my big items, but honestly could care less what everyone else thinks, which is why it is called "I love MY gear"

Chaco Taco
11-20-2009, 19:54
Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo
Etowah Alcohol Stove
MSR Titan Kettle
Thermarest Prolite