PDA

View Full Version : Need Help fo an AT museum project.

Tent-N-Kent
11-25-2009, 03:57
Hello Friends I am brainstorming for preparing to launch a daily tweet for the AT museum on Twitter. I would really like to include something unique for everyday of the year , I may forgo day 366 on Leap Years....I would like to include postings such as ...Granny Gatewood was born this day year such an such. , Myron Avery received his 2000miler award on this day. But I would gladly include all you Whiteblazers birthdays , your hike start days , your finish days , the day you got the divorce papers in your maildrop box at Fontana , say... anything you would contribute , I for one will appreciate it. This will help us also keep the AT Museum connected to it's most valuable asset , the Trail Hiking Community. It will promote the Public at larges understanding that our mission is to educate/interpret the entire spectrum of the AT experience. It is my goal to daily make available references/links to Whiteblaze , TrailJournals , ALDHA , ATC , Billville a commonplace occurance from our particular spot on the World Wide Web.
Please jot some ideas down here referencing the day and date it occurred. Just post on this Thread or PM me. I hope you can help me fill a large Calendar full soon. Sincerely the best , Kent Wilson AT Museum Member Development/ Marketing Dept.

The Mechanical Man
11-25-2009, 05:23
August 1st 1998, A day I will never forget.

http://www.hypernews.org/HyperNews/get/trails/Appalachian/247.html?nogifs

JoshStover
11-25-2009, 06:37
Sounds like a good idea to me...

Tent-N-Kent
11-28-2009, 15:01
Thanks Mechanical Man , I bumped into Earl at The Place in Damascus , on his 3 hour rest break in town there in 1998. This is a wonderful way to treat your elders. Please post this story and photos , when you have the time on the AT museums website. www.atmuseum.org We have a page for AT Trailstories and this is a doozie.

Glad you liked the idea Josh...when is your birthday? Did something cool happen to you already on the trail that inspired you? What day/date? You don't have to be famous or a Thru-hiker for me to include in my daily posting calendar. After all ... " We'll all be famous in Heaven , Elvis is gonna want my autograph..."
I need material people,...Please Help

The Mechanical Man
11-28-2009, 20:08
[quote=Tent-N-Kent;925846]Thanks Mechanical Man , I bumped into Earl at The Place in Damascus , on his 3 hour rest break in town there in 1998. This is a wonderful way to treat your elders. Please post this story and photos , when you have the time on the AT museums website. www.atmuseum.org (http://www.atmuseum.org) We have a page for AT Trailstories and this is a doozie.

Tent-N-Kent,
That story is already on the AT museum website, including a PICTURE I took of Earl crossing the road at Smith Gap PA. see..... http://www.atmuseum.org/trail_magic.htm

Thanks for all you do to help hikers. :sun

Tent-N-Kent
11-29-2009, 03:31
Thanks so much MM , I can not for the life of me , figure , how I missed that on our website. I guess I have just been focusing on the news category lately , not any of the stories. Have you hosted other throughhikers? on any special days. What is the earliest day you have completed trail maintaing? Any raw facts and figures pop into your mind , like what day did you finish installing the last water bar up so and so mountain? Or what day was the 50th Anniversary party held of Blue Mountain Eagles Climbing Club held on. So on and So on.... Would you care to submit some photos of your Trail Maintainers in Action that I could use for AT Museum on website and on Facebook. We would certainly attribute photo's however you might wish...Thanks again

Jack Tarlin
11-29-2009, 10:59
I'm not even sure I know what the hell a "daily tweet" is, but it sounds sort of intimate.

Good luck with your project, but in truth, I think a lot of folks already spend sufficient time on the Internet.

In my case, this is time I could be spending elsewhere, like out in the woods. :rolleyes:

Tent-N-Kent
11-30-2009, 20:36
Tweeting is the slang for your daily or minute to minute posts on the Microblogging Website Twitter.com
Usually not very intimate , but that , as usual made me :D Baltimore Jack.
And I know you know , I appreciate your support and good words for us already , but I'll say it here on WB too , you have been an early and ardent fan of the AT Museum. COOL!

Jack Tarlin
11-30-2009, 20:50
One way or another, I hope I'm there for the Musuem opening, Kent.

Thanks for all your hard work!! This is a really great project and we should all be grateful to the many folks who've worked long, thankless, and anonymous hours to make this all happen.