PDA

View Full Version : Picking up where I left off.....

STICK
11-25-2009, 21:38
So, today at work, I decided it was time that I figure out my "big hike" for next year. Every since I got off the AT this past September I have wanted to be back on it (especially since we had to leave early!) So, I went ahead and requested 12 days off in May! That will give me 10 full days of hiking and we will have to make our way out on the 11th day!
So, I will start off at Neels Gap and would like to try to get around 104 miles ahead, to NOC. I just pulled out my data books so I haven't even began to go in depth, but just glancing through, this is what I am going to try and plan for!
I can't wait! Just wanted to post!
So, as usual if anyone has any comments, or done this section, please feel free to let me know any tips, hints, or secrets!
Haha, thanks!

Lone Wolf
11-25-2009, 21:40
just walk it. you don't need advice on it. have fun

STICK
11-25-2009, 21:55
That's it......I can't wait!

And I will!!

Lone Wolf
11-25-2009, 22:00
That's it......I can't wait!

And I will!!

good. cuz before long the experts will be here to tell you what you should do

STICK
11-25-2009, 22:47
Well I'm never to good to listen to helpful advice! (I probably should more often! :) )
That don't mean I gotta follow it all though! ;)
Really though, I appreciate all the advice that I've ever gotten off of this forum! Lots of helpful people, and I'm glad to be a part of this forum!

johnnybgood
11-25-2009, 22:48
No expert here Stick, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Enjoy the "big hike" and try not to over think it . You'll be just fine.

ShelterLeopard
11-25-2009, 22:52
First of all, stop using so many exclamation points, I understand you're excited. Second, keep in mind that it's hiking, you can do it. Just don't stop walking.

STICK
11-26-2009, 01:15
First of all, stop using so many exclamation points, I understand you're excited.

Haha.....reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld....

Anyway, one foot in front of the other....got it....

Thanks....

ShelterLeopard
11-26-2009, 12:20
Sorry- it just weirds me out a little when people use soo many exclamation points. I read things like they're written, and it sounded like a hyper rabbit! :)