PDA

View Full Version : Thru-hiker's Handbook

Bob McCaw
11-29-2009, 16:52
The 2010 edition of the Thru-hiker's Handbook will be out in early January.

You can order one at www.trailplace.com.

As always, the Handbook has been completely updated for 2010. I believe it has the most detailed information of any book on the market.

Check it out. I think you'll like it.

Jack Tarlin
11-29-2009, 16:53
Thank you for the update!!

Chaco Taco
11-29-2009, 17:37
The 2010 edition of the Thru-hiker's Handbook will be out in early January.

You can order one at www.trailplace.com.

As always, the Handbook has been completely updated for 2010. I believe it has the most detailed information of any book on the market.

Check it out. I think you'll like it.

Lookin forward to seeing what youve got this year

Speer Carrier
11-29-2009, 18:13
I have last year's edition. Are there that many changes that the 2010 edition is recommended? I especially liked the unbound edition. Is that available this year? ( I think the unbound edition is great for section hiking. Just bring the part you need)

Jack Tarlin
11-29-2009, 19:00
Personally I think it's always a good idea to own and carry the most up-to-date Trail guide you can get.

In truth, there aren't a whole lot of changes every year, and many are relatively insignificant. But some of them aren't. For example if you do an extra 7 miles in sleet only to make the belated discovery at 9 PM that a shelter no longer exists, well you're not gonna be very happy. Or if you hitch to a country store in the middle of nowhere and discover it burned down the winter before, this will not make your day.

In short, your Trail guide (whichever one you ultimately decide to use) contains all sorts of really useful information. But these books are only truly useful if that information is accurate and up-to-date.

white_russian
11-29-2009, 22:55
Personally I think it's always a good idea to own and carry the most up-to-date Trail guide you can get.

In truth, there aren't a whole lot of changes every year, and many are relatively insignificant. But some of them aren't. For example if you do an extra 7 miles in sleet only to make the belated discovery at 9 PM that a shelter no longer exists, well you're not gonna be very happy. Or if you hitch to a country store in the middle of nowhere and discover it burned down the winter before, this will not make your day.

In short, your Trail guide (whichever one you ultimately decide to use) contains all sorts of really useful information. But these books are only truly useful if that information is accurate and up-to-date.

Right, and its cheap too. Can't complain about the price for the amount of information you get.

double d
11-30-2009, 01:04
Bob has maintained the wonderful thru-hikers handbook and I like to buy one each year from him. Thanks Bob, Trailplace looks outstanding as well.