PDA

View Full Version : Got the granite gear vapor trail!

Brian (aka Skippy)
12-01-2009, 07:13
New for 109.95!!!!! Woot, Woot! Go me! Go me!

nitewalker
12-01-2009, 07:20
awesome!! now you need to put some gear in it and put some miles on your feet. the VT is my go to pack.. have fun and pack it properly............peace

mudhead
12-01-2009, 09:58
Share where?

Brian (aka Skippy)
12-01-2009, 17:44
Share where?

http://www.tbandc.com/

Probably a one time thing...I'm lucky like that!

:banana

Brian (aka Skippy)
12-01-2009, 17:47
awesome!! now you need to put some gear in it and put some miles on your feet. the VT is my go to pack.. have fun and pack it properly............peace

Aye' Aye' Captain! Got my big four...under 7.5lbs

Does your pad (aka ridge-rest thingy) go inside or outside? My friend and I disagree...I say inside, for more frame.

Chaco Taco
12-02-2009, 20:11

Does your pad (aka ridge-rest thingy) go inside or outside? My friend and I disagree...I say inside, for more frame.
The ridgerest, if you can roll it tight enough can go inside but I dont know why you would need more Frame with a GG. Id pack it outside down the middle. It just takes up way too much space inside

Chaco Taco
12-02-2009, 20:13
http://www.tbandc.com/

Probably a one time thing...I'm lucky like that!

:banana
Before my thru, i lived down the street from townsend and bertram and would go in and talk to them about gear. They had no idea about some of the stuff I talked about but there was a former thru that worked there. Wow I spent alot of time in that place. Thanks for the flashback

Dogwood
12-03-2009, 00:09
Nice lite wt pack(32 oz.) w/ good durability, comfortable 30 lb load carrying capacity, decent features, and adequate cubes for the AT suiting a large number of hikers.

It seems to me, that we often get away from something that works so well and make thingsm, like backpacking, so much more complicated than what they need to be!

Nice pack!

Enjoy!

nitewalker
12-03-2009, 07:47

brian, i got to agree with chaco taco about putin the sleeping pad on the outside. if you really pay attention when packing the vapor trail it will haul all you need with little stress. although if you wanted to put it inside i would try to make it act just like the back pad of the vapor trail. square it off toward the back pad of the pack and it will most likely give more support. i have never done this but if done properly it will most likely help....dont forget there is an art for packing properly..:Dpeace:D

Chaco Taco
12-03-2009, 08:55
brian, i got to agree with chaco taco about putin the sleeping pad on the outside. if you really pay attention when packing the vapor trail it will haul all you need with little stress. although if you wanted to put it inside i would try to make it act just like the back pad of the vapor trail. square it off toward the back pad of the pack and it will most likely give more support. i have never done this but if done properly it will most likely help....dont forget there is an art for packing properly..:Dpeace:D

Yea I got to thinkin about the logistics of it and it just wouldnt make any sense if you put it inside. Plus its round when rolled up so you wont get any support from it.
I had a Zlite that I carried on the outside of my pack. It fits perfect on the outside.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/Panimaniac/IMG_0222.jpg

Chaco Taco
12-03-2009, 08:58
I know it isnt as cheap as this guy got it but I stumbled onto this site and they have the vapor trail pretty cheap as well. As with all packs, I highly suggest you get fitted especially before buying any kind of Granite Gear

Brian (aka Skippy)
12-03-2009, 15:26
Yea, packed inside it takes up a lotta space. I'll fiddle with it.

It's a huge improvement to my "U.S." pack. Aluminum external frame...you could build scaffolding with it. I do miss how sturdy the "U.S." pack was...was tempted to take it thru-hiking. Then $110 deal came along. Would of been funny to whip out ultra-light hiking gear outta that thing.

Folks woulda been like...:eek: