PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Players and Books

partinj
12-01-2009, 21:02
Hi everone just got back off of travel work on a lot of computers glad i am done with that for now. After much debate i am gone to bring my mp3 player the main reason is i can
download a lot of books on it and like reading next best thing and you don't have to carry all that weight and i can drag and drop the books and music on this one no special solfware. I download the AT Guide off their site and put it on my player and it work you can read it to bad the guy that took over trailplace or this site don't have a verison that you can download to your player to. I found a new item in the Food Lion where i live tunefish all ready made up in a foil pouch all you have to is tear it open put it on bread your ready to go lunch to go. What to you guy think abound the guide on your Mp3
:confused:

Manwich
12-01-2009, 21:13
Incorporate it into another device: Your Cell Phone.

My Samsung Eternity will display PDF files (ALDHA and other Guides are published in this format) and can play MP3 files through a normal pair of headphones. Coupled with a AA-battery USB charger to be used every week, and putting it in "Airplane Mode" (won't communicate with cell towers = HUGE energy savings) it'll last a long time... plus... you can just download Audiobooks in MP3 format and listen to them instead of reading from a tiny screen.

fredmugs
12-02-2009, 11:06
My MP3 player has one use: I blast some hard core metal whenever I have a hard climb. It's my performance enhancing drug.

partinj
12-02-2009, 14:14
Hi totem yet not reading the books i would be listing to them only one that i would read it the AT Guide. My mp3 has a ebook reader build in to it the other books i download
as MP3 since i am starting on Feb 4 thought it would be good to have some books
to listen to on those long nights
:sun

Lyle
12-02-2009, 15:55
Something that looks promising to me are the eReaders such as Sony, Amazon's Kindle, and the soon to be available Nook from Barnes & Noble. Some are better at rendering PDF files than the others (might work for the online Companion) and some will play MP3's, some even will covert text to speech and read your book to you. Typical battery life is stated as two weeks of reading. Some have external memory capabilities and can purchase books on the fly with 3G cell service or WiFi.

Just looks like it may be a more pleasant option for avid readers. Much more comfortable reading experience than the typical back-lit computer screen.

Blissful
12-02-2009, 20:47
My hubby loves to listen to books on his mp3. If that's your thing, why not? For me I like my music.