PDA

View Full Version : Alpaca Wool Socks

KMACK
12-06-2009, 02:45
Took the family to an Alpaca farm today. Picked up a pair of Alpaca wool hiking socks. Cant use them until after xmas...will it be worth waiting for??

mudhead
12-06-2009, 09:51
Yes.
:)

1azarus
12-06-2009, 10:40
was at an alpaca farm on martha's vineyard a couple of weeks ago.... they are such beautiful creatures!!! i spent some time trying to convince myself and my wife that we should have a pair on our incredibly small in-town lot. apparently, they have hybrid dog-like feet, not hooves, so you can claim they are pets, not farm animals. they are so so beautiful. oh, and i bought a pair of (as yet unused) socks, too!

white_russian
12-06-2009, 12:15
They are a bit on the warm side for me so my feet are a bit sweaty when I take them off, but they are a lot softer than regular wool so my feet are slightly less tired.

Ramble~On
12-06-2009, 12:28
I love them. They make different thicknesses. Dahlgren...I think that's the company. Alpaca socks are much like merino wool but warmer and IMO more comfortable. Excellent socks for snow or cold..though I wear them in hot weather too.

canoehead
12-06-2009, 22:12
Great. sock. no sweat. Started using them in 05 on an trip into ecuador.
You'll like'm get another pair to try out before Xmas. we won't tell..

Dogwood
12-06-2009, 23:49
I'm yet to own high content Alpaca socks. However, I did have the Alpaca Turtle Fur beanie and loved its warmth, softness, and non-itchy feel. Be careful washing Alpaca though because I dried my beanie on high dryer heat for too long and shrunk it up so that it now fits my 4 yr old niece.