PDA

View Full Version : Mount Rogers Area, VA

trippclark
08-31-2004, 17:30
If Hurricane Frances steers away from South Carolina or dies a sudden death, I hope to get back to Mount Rogers Area this weekend for what will likely be my last opportunity for a weekend section until the spring. The original plan was (is??) to continue the trek northward starting at Fox Creek and going just the short 23 miles to Partnership Shelter (VA16) on Saturday and Sunday. Typically we go 35 - 45 miles during a long weekend, but this appears to be a logical stopping point, albeit shorter than we would like. The scenery in the last section (Damascus to Fox Creek) was so awesome, however, that we are considering doing this again instead . . . to take in the scenery one more time! I'm curious, though, how does the trail betwen Fox Creek and Partnership compare? Any noteable highlights?

Lone Wolf
08-31-2004, 17:36
You'd be in the woods 90% of the time. Not many views. Do the Highlands again. Need help with shuttling?

trippclark
08-31-2004, 17:52
Last time we got a shuttle from MRO. Usually we tow an extra vehicle with a tow bar. Better ideas?

trippclark
09-02-2004, 14:46
Lone Wolf,

Taking your advice and going to do the Highlands again. What a wonderful area! We'll take in the next section on our next outing. Also sent an e-mail to you regarding possible need for shuttle.

Tripp

Lone Wolf
09-02-2004, 17:04
Tried to reply. Your address wouldn't accept my reply. Anyway I can shuttle you any time after 6:00 AM on Sat. I'll look for y'all at The Place tomorrow night.