PDA

View Full Version : AT screen saver

Crazy_Al
08-31-2004, 20:41
does anyone know about an AT landscape screen saver ????

grrickar
09-01-2004, 09:36
I have not heard of one, but you can download freeware and shareware utilities that will allow you to make a slide show from pictures with different transitions. XP even comes with such a utility. Check out webshots. They have a good number of pcitures and a screensaver that will allow you to make the last picture shown in the sequence your wall paper. Pretty neat. You can look through the gallery here and likely find some nice pictures. http://www.webshots.com

BTW, nice to see someone else from Huntsville on WB. Do you do much section hiking? I'm section hiking SOBO Hot Springs to Fontana Dam, but next spring I would like to thru hike the Pinhoti.

SGT Rock
09-01-2004, 14:37
Decatur Alabama is my home town.

SavageLlama
09-01-2004, 15:26
The GMC posts Long Trail wallpaper each month.

www.longtrail.org (http://www.longtrail.org/)

orangebug
09-01-2004, 15:41
It is real easy to get wallpaper. Right clicking on any of the photos in the WB galleries and selecting it as Wallpaper works real easy. I've wondered how to make a screensaver/slideshow of trail photos, also.

Bill...

Alligator
09-01-2004, 16:53
Search Google on screen saver creation freeware, I found a number of links. I suspect that one of these programs would allow you to create a screen saver from photos, either your own or from the gallery here.

grrickar
09-01-2004, 17:07
Decatur Alabama is my home town.Cool. Born and raised here myself, and haven't found a reason to leave yet ;)

Didn't I read somewhere that you thru hiked the Pinhoti? What was your impression of the trail compared to the AT (scenery, remoteness, challenge)?

2XL
09-01-2004, 20:19
When you take your film to get developed have them make a photo CD, only costs a couple $ more.Then just use the photos as a slideshow screen saver. Quick, easy and they are your own pictures and memories.

walkerat99
09-02-2004, 06:38
Check your photo software that was either bundled on the computer when you bought it or photo software that you added since a lot of the photo programs have a screen saver utility that will allow you to make your own. One example is Photo Impressions, which was bundled with a camera or printer that I bought...

Hope this helps and good luck.. it is great seeing your own photos and memories flash on the screen...

Good luck and Happy Trails..

Ed