PDA

View Full Version : Heinie Pot with Pocket Rocket Stove

John Klein
12-14-2009, 20:45
Did anyone here ever use a Heineken can pot with a pocket rocket canister stove? I saw some discussion of this on another forum. The concern there was that the bottom of the Heineken pot might be too thin to withstand the focused, "flamethrower" flame pattern of the pocket rocket. I myself wonder if the more intense heat might break down the plastic coating on the inside of the pot faster than an alcohol stove would.

Chaco Taco
12-14-2009, 20:58
Did anyone here ever use a Heineken can pot with a pocket rocket canister stove? I saw some discussion of this on another forum. The concern there was that the bottom of the Heineken pot might be too thin to withstand the focused, "flamethrower" flame pattern of the pocket rocket. I myself wonder if the more intense heat might break down the plastic coating on the inside of the pot faster than an alcohol stove would.

Doesnt last long at all. Maybe 4-5 times.

Skidsteer
12-14-2009, 21:16
Doesnt last long at all. Maybe 4-5 times.

The plastic coating or the can itself?

Chaco Taco
12-14-2009, 22:25
The plastic coating or the can itself?

The can broke down from the high heat after the first run. It just isnt very durable

tndrfoot
12-15-2009, 19:40
i got one and used once worked good 4 me but very un stable top heavy would not want to use all the time grease pot works 10 times better hope this helps.