PDA

View Full Version : L. Wolf's "notice" about imposters

steve hiker
09-01-2004, 08:02
Did anyone see L. Wolf's "notice" yesterday about imposters using his name? In reply to Jack Tarlin's comment that the 2003 thru-hiker Lone Wolf was not him, he posted the following:

Yup. Wrong Lone Wolf. I've already paid for a notice in next months ATN. I'm appalled that others are using my name. I am the ORIGINAL Lone Wolf circa 1987. I will take legal action against all libelous imposters.
Well, I am appalled. A formal notice in ATN. A thinly veiled threat of a trademark infringement suit. Reminds me of someone on another forum.

Dances with Mice
09-01-2004, 08:37
Did anyone see L. Wolf's "notice" yesterday about imposters using his name? In reply to Jack Tarlin's comment that the 2003 thru-hiker Lone Wolf was not him, he posted the following:

Well, I am appalled. A formal notice in ATN. A thinly veiled threat of a trademark infringement suit. Reminds me of someone on another forum.

You need a new irony meter there, Horse.

Nightwalker
09-01-2004, 09:36

That's the whole idea. :)

Alligator
09-01-2004, 10:09
Lenny (of Lavern and Shirley) had the claim on Lone Wolf long before the hiker did.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/7088/framez.html:jump

eyahiker
09-01-2004, 12:25
And even earlier - in the 1903 case Lone Wolf v. Hitchcock often called the Dred Scott of Indian law. (Lone Wolf upheld Congress's "plenary power" to seize Native American lands and abrogate Indian treaties. Later decisions qualified Lone Wolf's extreme abdication of judicial scrutiny and signalled a partial and tentative judicial defense of tribal rights.)

bailyrosco
09-01-2004, 12:32
Lone Wolf McQuaid:-?

Wanderingson
10-07-2006, 10:00
Did I just see a Chuck Norris refference on this thread? Chuck Norris doesn't threaten litigation, he delivers a swift roundhouse kick to the head and people submit.

MOWGLI
10-07-2006, 10:11
Did I just see a Chuck Norris refference on this thread? Chuck Norris doesn't threaten litigation, he delivers a swift roundhouse kick to the head and people submit.

Kuwait? Dude! What time zone are you in? This thread is two years old! :D

:welcome anyway!

Wanderingson
10-07-2006, 10:19
Dude,

Check out the join date while your checking out location. I'll help you out, it is above the location.

Anyway, figured I would make an attempt to contribute to WB while I'm making a few bucks to finance my quest. No mountains out here--that sucks.

My wife has familyup the mountain from Coker Creek, TN not far from ya.

MOWGLI
10-07-2006, 10:20
Dude,

Check out the join date while your checking out location. I'll help you out, it is above the location.

:welcome That's why I said welcome! :welcome

SGT Rock
10-07-2006, 14:52
Just split the Chuck Norris stuff off to another thread: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=254053#post254053

Panzer1
10-07-2006, 16:37
Lenny (of Lavern and Shirley) had the claim on Lone Wolf long before the hiker did.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/7088/framez.html:jump

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

that was the message I got when I tried this link.

Panzer

Alligator
10-07-2006, 19:22
"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

that was the message I got when I tried this link.

Panzer
At the risk of continuing an old troll thread [notice it was not actually posted by Steve Hiker, just one of his many sock puppets], the link is over two years old. No reply necessary:-? .

Nean
10-08-2006, 11:28
You mean one hiker would knowingly use another hikers name? :rolleyes: Imagine that.;)