Just Dan
12-17-2009, 23:37
they're nice guys.

sbennett
12-18-2009, 00:18
very nice folks; they carry a lot of neat Montbell stuff as well

Bearpaw
12-18-2009, 09:56
If you want a shuttle for the Virginia Creeper Trail, they're the folks to go to as well.

Sir-Packs-Alot
12-19-2009, 23:38
http://store.sundogoutfitter.com/
These are the guys that sell those cool tie-dyed "Trail Days" t-shirts that you see! Lots of tent choices as well. If you stop in - don't neglect to get a cup of java at the coffee house next door - really good!

paintplongo
12-20-2009, 02:09
These are the guys that sell those cool tie-dyed "Trail Days" t-shirts that you see! Lots of tent choices as well. If you stop in - don't neglect to get a cup of java at the coffee house next door - really good!

This dude speaks truth, the coffee shop next door was great, but the outfitter lacked the products and help to really be of assistance to THRU's.

Lone Wolf
12-20-2009, 06:43
This dude speaks truth, the coffee shop next door was great, but the outfitter lacked the products and help to really be of assistance to THRU's.

dude. that's BS. really. nothing special about a "THRU"

Chaco Taco
12-20-2009, 11:17

Have you even been inside? If so you would notice they have good gear selection. What makes Thruhikers different from hikers, their feeling of entitlement??

Red Beard
12-20-2009, 12:00

Are you serious? The specs on those MontBell bags are better than the WM I'm considering, also cheaper. Not to mention how sweet that Black Diamond tarp looks. Good stuff LW, I'm thinking road trip, right about now.

Hooch
12-22-2009, 09:06
.......don't neglect to get a cup of java at the coffee house next door - really good!

.......the coffee shop next door was great.......Y'all mean Mojoe's. :p

mweinstone
12-22-2009, 09:33
matthewski misses crap.

The Old Chief
12-22-2009, 11:23
I'll have to disagree that Sundog doesn't have gear for thru-hikes. I have bought Granite Gear packs there (they are pretty popular with thru-hikers) Montbell clothing (they are pretty popular with thru-hikers), just bought a 0 degree Montbell sleeping bag for a February hike and got a great price and delivery in less than a week, and they appear to stock a large selection of Big Agnes products. Their shuttle service is excellent the times that I have used it. Their product lines don't duplicate those of Mt. Rogers for the most part and that can only be beneficial for the hiker looking for a variety to choose from.

jersey joe
12-22-2009, 12:24
Their website could use a little work. The selection on the site looks limited, i'm guessing it is a smaller subset of what they offer in the store?