PDA

View Full Version : ULA Circuit for a Woman's frame

Chatzi
12-18-2009, 14:39
I hear nothing but good things about ULA packs, but very little from women. I've been eyeing the circuit for a while now but I'm a bit wary about ordering it without being able to try it on (as far as I know no one sells them locally).
Anyone have one? How's the hipbelt? Were you able to make it comfortable for you?

skinewmexico
12-18-2009, 16:18
I know Brian (the designer/builder) sold ULA, but he was going to work there for a while. Every time I've called, he's answered the phone, and spent as long as it took to answer my fit questions. If you leave a message, Casey may call you back. He called me at home one night to answer questions about adjusting my Circuit. Take advantage of that kind of personalized service by calling.

Red Beard
12-18-2009, 16:35
I emailed back and forth with Casey concerning hip belts. Very helpful. The nice thing about the Catalyst and Circuit is that you are not constrained to only one hip belt. You can even swap them out on the trail.

Red Hat
12-18-2009, 17:51
I'm a lady, and I love my Circuit!

Chatzi
12-19-2009, 01:17
all right then, looks like I'll be emailing them to see if they can get me set up! thanks for your input, everyone.

Sleeps_With_Skunks
12-19-2009, 12:35
I tried the circuit, but ended up getting a catalyst for the larger amount of room. Both fit great and it was nice to be able to custom fit a hipbelt to me.

skinewmexico
12-19-2009, 13:28
If you email, ask them to call you. Email isn't the same.

HannahAbbotts
02-08-2010, 21:05
I have an Ohm and my husband has a Circuit. I have found my Ohm incredibly comfortable and I've only used his Circuit once (it's a size too large for me) but I enjoyed the features and think it would be excellent in the regular size rather than the tall. ULA is a great company and I'm proud to be setting out on the PCT carrying one of their packs. Based on the post date on this, my guess is you've already chosen you pack...so best of luck to you. I hope the ULA packs work as well for you as they do for me.

Hannah Abbotts
www.asuperioradventure.com

GeneralLee10
02-08-2010, 21:14
I second the calling them. I called and left a message got a call back in a matter of minutes. This last time it took them a day but heck who cares. No other Big name brand will do that, that I know of. Good Luck, I'm sure you will enjoy the pack which ever one it may be.

Madison
03-30-2010, 22:11
i am a female (5'6", 155lbs, 38" hip, 19" torso) and i LOVE my ULA catalyst.

v5planet
03-31-2010, 04:14
I can't offer any woman specific comments, but I ordered my ULA-Circuit a few months ago and also had concerns about sizing -- I'm a very tall very thin guy, which is usually hard to fit for. Turns out I misjudged the sizes I needed, but all I did was write to ULA: they mailed out a replacement hip belt the very next day so I could compare it back-to-back with the size I'd ordered, and just had me return whichever one didn't fit. There are not too many companies that would trust their customers that much!