PDA

View Full Version : games

gravy4601
12-19-2009, 00:33
so ive been thinking of what to do arround camp in the evening and i'm thinking pass the piggs how many of you have heard of this game and what other games are there that are fun to play on the trail

Petr
12-19-2009, 03:04
I'm a fan of "Alyson Hannigan." It's basically a modified charades, but it's lots of fun (especially with a little EtOH!) and it travels light. Get at least 6 people and have each person write down five names of real/fictional people that you can safely assume that most people know of. Teams are created in pairs. Throw all 30 names in a hat (or 5 x number of people playing) and the game proceeds in $60,000 pyramid style over three rounds (each team of two gets 1 minute to guess as many of the names as possible as they are drawn out of the hat, proceed until all names are guessed:

Round 1: You are allowed to say anything but any part of the actual name or anything lame like "rhymes with" or "starts with"....

Round 2: Same as round 1, but you are allowed to say exactly two words.

Round 3: No words are allowed, but you may act it out charades style.

Examples:

Round 1 (example a): He played Superman and was paralyzed in real life after falling off a horse.
Round 1 (example b): She was famously deaf and blind, but overcame that to lead a remarkable life.
Round 2 (a): Superman. Horse.
Round 2 (b): Deaf, Blind
Round 3 (a): Mimic superman flying (i.e. thrust both arms in front of you)
Round 3 (b): Mimic deaf blind woman (almost certainly offensive, but often very funny)

Whichever team tallies the most points over the three rounds wins.

Why it's fun: Winning teams pay close attention to the first round (which is pretty easy) and henceforth know the group of 30 names from which to guess in the latter two rounds. Fast-paced and thus encourages idiocy. Often leads to one partner doing something that everyone else in the group understands except for the corresponding partner, which lends itself to much hilarity. Equally often leads to one person doing something that NOBODY understands, which also lends itself to hilarity.

Simple game that sounds boring. Try it once after a few cocktails. Guaranteed fun or your money back.

Petr

P.S. Alyson Hannigan is the actress who played Willow in the TV version of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and is perhaps better known as the "band camp girl" from American Pie. Anyway, seriously, try it. It's more fun than it sounds.

Petr
12-19-2009, 03:06
Random thought...the following sequence probably lead to the naming of the above game:

Round 1: The actress who played Willow in Buffy and the band camp girl.
Round 2: Band camp.
Round 3: Someone mimics playing the flute, then mimics inserting the flute into a particular orifice.

That's just fantastic, right?

MuffinMan11
12-20-2009, 17:09
Modified Bocce Ball - Nothing to carry and is fairly fun IMO. Find 3 or 4 rocks depending on players. Shove a small stick in the ground and walk back and make a line. Take turns throwing rocks closest to the stick. Closest person to the stick gets points. If you have one rock closer than the next persons you get points for that rock. If you have two closer you get points for both rocks and so forth. I also use sort of horseshoe modified points. Get a leaner(rock is touching stick) is 3 points with in say 1 or 2 inches(decided beforehand) is 2 points and then 1 for anything that is just closer as above. Also have used minus 3 points if you cant find your rock after throwing it. :D Might be a drinking addition lol. Can then move the stick around to mimic the different locations of a bocce ball toss, or just use a different rock for the pin.

Chaco Taco
12-20-2009, 17:51
Funny, I think it was Chomp that made Jester a twister board on his tyvek? Am I right that it was him? Anyway, that was awesome

Chaco Taco
12-20-2009, 17:51
MAke a checker board

gravy4601
12-20-2009, 23:31
MAke a checker board

now thats a good idea i'll have to try:D

Blissful
12-20-2009, 23:33
I get too tired to play a game. By the time dinner is cooked and you've talked with hikers, its time for bed. :) Unless we're out for a weekend jaunt. The I like to take yahtzee - five dice, a few of the score papers and tiny pencils. :)

Morning Glory
12-21-2009, 00:47
I quite often bring a deck of cards and we play a game of spades or texas hole em'.

karoberts
12-21-2009, 00:50
I sometimes carry Pass The Pigs. It is fun.

sasquatch2014
12-21-2009, 09:34
I get too tired to play a game. By the time dinner is cooked and you've talked with hikers, its time for bed. :) Unless we're out for a weekend jaunt. The I like to take yahtzee - five dice, a few of the score papers and tiny pencils. :)

Had a great game of Yahtzee with some NoBo's this year up at Telephone Pioneer shelter. Hadn't played in a few years forgot how simple it was.

You can always dig out small holes in the dirt and set up a Mankala game board if you wanted to.

http://elf.org/mankala/Mankala.html

Cabin Fever
12-21-2009, 09:45
Me and some of my camrades have been known to take a frisbee, football, baseball gloves and other non-traditional hiking paraphernalia for entertainment.

gravy4601
12-21-2009, 11:21
I sometimes carry Pass The Pigs. It is fun.

and weighs less than a pair of dice