PDA

View Full Version : Shuttles for PCT?

Sir-Packs-Alot
12-19-2009, 06:58
Hey guys - I'm planning a weeklong PCT hike in 2010 in the central Oregon region - and wanted to know if anybody out there knows of any folks in that region that will shuttle you to and from the trail. The trek is planned to start at Odell Lake and go north to McKenzie Pass (Schaffer book-section E). Bend, OR is the closest little town.

I'd appreciate any beta you could offer!

Meta
12-19-2009, 13:52
Lloyd Gust will run you to a few places in that area. You may have to start at Elk Lake, though, instead of Odell. He'll drive you anywhere in an emergency, no holds barred, but he does ask that if it's not an emergency you work with him a bit. It is a bit of a drive from Bend to anywhere the trail crosses.

his info is under the oregon section of
http://www.pcta.org/planning/during_trip/services.asp

Sir-Packs-Alot
12-19-2009, 23:17
Thanks Meta!

Graywolf
12-19-2009, 23:53
Hey Thanks Meta, I can use the info too...

Hey, Packs-alot, when do you plan on hitting the trail??? I'm looking at August in Oregon...

Graywolf

Sir-Packs-Alot
12-20-2009, 06:53
I was looking at week of July 20 - but with everyone speaking re the "mosquito problem" - maybe August for me as well!

Graywolf
12-20-2009, 09:41
I was looking at week of July 20 - but with everyone speaking re the "mosquito problem" - maybe August for me as well!

Maybe we'll meet up?? I'm going to try around the First week of August..I'll have more exact dates when it gets closer..

Graywolf