PDA

View Full Version : snow on blood mountain

fishallday
12-20-2009, 19:36
spent the weekend in the shelter on top of blood mountain, woke up this morning to find all the water frozen, 13 degrees out, not including the 30 mile an hour winds, ice and 3 inch of snow everywhere and couldent have asked for a better weekend!!

white_russian
12-20-2009, 19:39
Pictures please!

fishallday
12-20-2009, 20:19
Pictures please!

i put the pics up already it was very pretty

Bulldawg
12-20-2009, 20:23
DAMN!!! I almost went up there today, wish I would have!!

fishallday
12-20-2009, 20:45
DAMN!!! I almost went up there today, wish I would have!!

oh man today would have been a great day to go! everything was white but you couldent seeoff the mtn and it was slippery comming down all the rocks up top were iced over but it was a good trip!

Bronk
12-21-2009, 02:49
I almost broke my neck coming down Blood Mountain...all the ice on the trail...you're a brave one to stay in the shelter...my memory from the two times I've been up there is a cold that makes you feel like it will never be warm again.

Sir-Packs-Alot
12-21-2009, 05:08
I almost broke my neck coming down Blood Mountain...all the ice on the trail...you're a brave one to stay in the shelter...my memory from the two times I've been up there is a cold that makes you feel like it will never be warm again.
That old stone shelter is a welcome sight in a cold storm - but it holds a damp chill that froze even the Irish that I hiked with up there!

Egads
12-21-2009, 07:41
I was up for the Brasstown Baldbuster 5k yesterday and got in a short AT hike as well. There was a pretty coating of snow on the trees and ground. Passed some SOBOs headed to Neel(s) Gap

StarLyte
12-21-2009, 09:22
Hey Fish - great photos, and I must say I'm quite jealous of cold weather hikers. I just can't take the cold - I get crazy.

I love Blood Mountain, Neels Gap.