12-21-2009, 14:56
Happy Birthday Mrs. Baggins!!!

http://z-issue.com/blog_imgs/noah_birthday_kitten.jpg

saimyoji
12-21-2009, 15:04
Happy Birthday to me. And so far it's been a real crap one. :(

well, with THAT attitude.....:rolleyes: :D

HBD Mrs Baggins

http://www.zanyimages.com/Belated%20Birthday/Happy%20Birthday%20to%20You%20!!!.jpg

CrumbSnatcher
12-21-2009, 15:29
who gives a crap about your birthday?
i do thats who! hope your day gets better!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY:banana

SGT Rock
12-21-2009, 15:32
Hope it gets better for you.

Shiraz-mataz
12-21-2009, 15:33
I guess any day you can look DOWN at the trail is a GOOD day! Happy Birthday!

warraghiyagey
12-21-2009, 15:33
I guess any day you can look DOWN at the trail is a GOOD day! Happy Birthday!
I like the days you can look up at the trail. . . . :sun

kanga
12-21-2009, 15:45
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/maisiepaisie/Happy%20Birthday/HappyBirthdayCutePup.gif

warraghiyagey
12-21-2009, 15:51
That's very sweet Kanga. . . . :):):)

kanga
12-21-2009, 15:52
dangit! it was there just a second ago!!

Tinker
12-21-2009, 15:56

I'm so sorry. I hope your day(s) get better. We'll keep you in our prayers here.:)

Jester2000
12-21-2009, 16:00
It could be worse. You could be hanging out with me. Happy Birthday!

warraghiyagey
12-21-2009, 16:01
dangit! it was there just a second ago!!
It's still there dorkass. . . .:)

kanga
12-21-2009, 16:02
It's still there dorkass. . . .:)
that's cause i fixed it. dorkass.

warraghiyagey
12-21-2009, 16:04
that's cause i fixed it. dorkass.
That's cuz you had to fix it cuz you're a dork, dorkass. . . .

Cookerhiker
12-21-2009, 16:21

Sounds like you need another trip to Scotland.

JERMM
12-21-2009, 16:35

Happy Birthday Mrs Baggins!

Mrs Baggins
12-21-2009, 16:36
Okay, that's a little better. :) We're in the middle of trying to move to a new house up in Maryland, we just had a blizzard in VA, I have two days to get EVERYTHING done for Christmas because I've been too busy with the new house, our son's car died and we had to buy him another one (or he'd lose his job) because we found out he spent all of his savings on food......turns out that, at 23, he's been bulimic for 3 years and is now fessing up to it and trying to beat it, we just spent 3 hours trying to drive 50 miles on I-495 to get back to VA from Maryland because the idiots at VDOT waited until a MONDAY to start clearing the highway when they've had since late Saturday night, my husband waits until TODAY to realize maybe he needs to buy me a birthday gift, my son didn't remember me at all.............heavy sigh. I need to get away to the mountains and the woods and just be alone for a couple of months. But noooo, I have to move and clean up this house and hope to God the landlord finds a new renter soon or we're stuck for 5 more months of the rent here on top of the mortgage on the new house (which by the way is a stone's throw from Gathland State Park and the AT), and maybe it'll be MAY before I can finally get back to hiking!!!!! There. Rant over. Is it 5 o'clock somewhere? Anyway?

Mrs Baggins
12-21-2009, 16:37

Happy Birthday Mrs Baggins!

Ahhh! He looks just like my little Pippin kitty! Thank you!

Lone Wolf
12-21-2009, 16:39

explain real crap

vonfrick
12-21-2009, 16:54
explain real crap

i think she did...

anyway, i think, in true hobbit fashion, you should get us all presents!!

Pacific Tortuga
12-21-2009, 16:57
explain real crap

The Best Fake Crap

http://www.foureyesjokeshop.com/ProductImages/best_fake_crap.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/101/273098807_aa59d5c474.jpg

REALhttp://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif, get it ?

Happy Birthday, and many more.

vonfrick
12-21-2009, 17:00
Okay, that's a little better. :) We're in the middle of trying to move to a new house up in Maryland, we just had a blizzard in VA, I have two days to get EVERYTHING done for Christmas because I've been too busy with the new house, our son's car died and we had to buy him another one (or he'd lose his job) because we found out he spent all of his savings on food......turns out that, at 23, he's been bulimic for 3 years and is now fessing up to it and trying to beat it, we just spent 3 hours trying to drive 50 miles on I-495 to get back to VA from Maryland because the idiots at VDOT waited until a MONDAY to start clearing the highway when they've had since late Saturday night, my husband waits until TODAY to realize maybe he needs to buy me a birthday gift, my son didn't remember me at all.............heavy sigh. I need to get away to the mountains and the woods and just be alone for a couple of months. But noooo, I have to move and clean up this house and hope to God the landlord finds a new renter soon or we're stuck for 5 more months of the rent here on top of the mortgage on the new house (which by the way is a stone's throw from Gathland State Park and the AT), and maybe it'll be MAY before I can finally get back to hiking!!!!! There. Rant over. Is it 5 o'clock somewhere? Anyway?

what's great is that you never mentioned that today you get older. good for you :banana

saimyoji
12-21-2009, 17:05
what's great is that you never mentioned that today you get older. good for you :banana

yeah, older, but its only one day.......right? :-?

mweinstone
12-21-2009, 17:29
birth. what a word. its like some sort of burp.its like burps cusin from vaginia.well. i guess birth thinks of burp like his cousin from necklandia.anyway, lets see whats in the news on baggins day.
god aint come yet.
we still got booze.
and the trails good.

all in all, mrs baggins wins.
advance one year and collect cake.
xoxoxoxoxmatty

cowboy nichols
12-21-2009, 17:35
Happy Birthay after 50 they all keep getting better!!!

Many Walks
12-21-2009, 17:38
Snowstorms happen, but it will melt. Christmas joy isn't based on EVERYTHING being done. Everyone has to cope with stuff and that's just part of life. Your husband did think about you, but kids can't always be counted on. You're in a position to travel, buy cars and a new home very close to the trail. Doesn't sound that bad to me. Take a breath, look to the bright side and enjoy what you do have. In the end only you can make a birthday or any day happy, so I wish you a happy rest of the day.

Toolshed
12-21-2009, 18:58
Wow!!! And I just got out of the hospital where I was laid up for 8 days with Endocarditis - Sitting home with my Pic Line and IV antibiotics and just found out I have to have a 3rd heart surgery to replace my aortic valve and aorta (again!). Which leaves me out from any activities until Late spring...... I guess I am the lucky one here huh !!! :sun

warraghiyagey
12-21-2009, 19:00
Wow!!! And I just got out of the hospital where I was laid up for 8 days with Endocarditis - Sitting home with my Pic Line and IV antibiotics and just found out I have to have a 3rd heart surgery to replace my aortic valve and aorta (again!). Which leaves me out from any activities until Late spring...... I guess I am the lucky one here huh !!! :sun
Happy Birthday Toolshed!! . . . . :sun:sun:sun

Hikerhead
12-21-2009, 19:31

Happy B-Day kiddo. BTW, the Va Hotel and Towing mafias have teamed up with the VDOT mafia.

Cookerhiker
12-21-2009, 20:01
....the new house (which by the way is a stone's throw from Gathland State Park and the AT),......

Burkittsville per chance? I almost bought a house there 20 years ago.

yeah, older, but its only one day.......right? :-?

Absolutely agree!

mudhead
12-21-2009, 20:04
Wow!!! I guess I am the lucky one here huh !!! :sun

That's the attitude. How many remotes within arm's reach?:)

Mrs Baggins
12-21-2009, 20:19
Naw, I have no problem with the extra year. I'm so much healthier and happier than all of my friends and family my age. And believe me, I know I'm HUGELY blessed to have a nice new house in this economy. I never take that for granted. And my son in spite of his problems has a good steady full time job and is otherwise a great guy - no smoking, drinking, drugs,...he doesn't even curse. And my daughter is recently happily married. I can sound like I'm whining and I'm sorry for that. But when it's your birthday and it's supposed to be your day........well, it doesn't really matter about all the rest of your life does it. You revert back to being 6 years old and it's supposed to be all about you for just a few hours. My husband did make me a wonderful meal of shrimp cocktail, seafood bisque, lobster, and shrimp salad. We've been married almost 35 years and I rarely get as angry as I did today. Sometimes things just catch up to you.......too much Christmas, too much moving stress. This is my 27th move and 11th house we've bought, in 34 years. I should be able to cope by now, but sometimes it gets to be too much.

Hikerhead
12-21-2009, 20:24
Keep everything boxed up, it sounds like you'll probably move again in a few months.

mudhead
12-21-2009, 20:25
I should be able to cope by now, but sometimes it gets to be too much.

Your day to snap. Happy 39th.:)

Mrs Baggins
12-21-2009, 20:28
i think she did...

anyway, i think, in true hobbit fashion, you should get us all presents!!

You're right! Birthday mathoms! Now what do I get the bitcihng crowd who pretty much has all of the hking gear they actually need? A free round at Dot's? Can you arrange that?

Mrs Baggins
12-21-2009, 20:30
Keep everything boxed up, it sounds like you'll probably move again in a few months.

This had better be the "Forever" house!!! I've move 27 times in 34 years. I'm done.

warraghiyagey
12-21-2009, 20:31
Now what do I get the bitcihng crowd who pretty much has all of the hking gear they actually need?
A new 60 lumen headlamp is always a crowd pleaser. . .

DapperD
12-21-2009, 20:39
This had better be the "Forever" house!!! I've move 27 times in 34 years. I'm done.I remember you said you didn't like living in South Carolina or Colorado, and I was going to say you seem to move alot, and then I read this! It has to be some kind of record! No wonder, your at your wits end! Next time make your move to somewhere warm ,dry and sunny and be done with it!:sun:banana

Blissful
12-21-2009, 23:14
Happy birthday, Mrs. Baggins.

And I can really relate to son situations right now...believe me...you aren't the only one... :)

ShelterLeopard
12-21-2009, 23:47
http://www.birthdayjoys.com/funny_pictures/birthday_funny_picture_05.jpg

http://www.myspacepicturecodes.com/myspace-graphics/myspace-graphics-funny/Pictures/myspace-graphics-funny-pictures2.jpg

Happy BIRTHDAY! (Drink... responsibly...)

Mrs Baggins
12-22-2009, 12:52
Happy birthday, Mrs. Baggins.

And I can really relate to son situations right now...believe me...you aren't the only one... :)

Mommies of boys need to stick together. :sun

WILLIAM HAYES
12-23-2009, 01:08
happy birthday from aiken
hillbilly

saimyoji
12-23-2009, 10:04

holy crop, man.....no wonder you haven't been around much.....all the best....birthday or not....

ShelterLeopard
12-23-2009, 11:18
Yeah- I just read your other posts, mine may have seemed a little insensitive- sorry, and I hope you had a ...good? Birthday.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-ashamed007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)